Xbox One Does Skyrim get flak for the wrong things?

Skyrim gets some flak partially because of the buzz around it. That buzz can take a GOTY to legendary franchise status with MGS, Mario, Sonic, Zelda, FF, etc before its seasoned and without a sequel and improvements in the series over time. Basically it could take a game that might be a solid B to an A. With that, people who issue flak usually put expectations on a game that they feel it should have given the amount of praise.

While Skyrim didn't deserve a lot of the flak on buzz alone, I do get that feeling when people praise something so much.

I can see the buzz being an issue, especially if you follow gaming new closely. If a game exceeds expectations, you're going to hear about it for the bulk of that year.

I keep imagining what a game with the expasiveness of TES but the attention to detail and combat of Dark Souls would be like...

Also without all the damn bugs abd glitches.

I like some of the glitches in Bethesda games. Like that flapping noise and a dead body getting stuck and...flapping about.

Wow really? Is this really real?

The mod? Yes. The movie?> Nope... but I wish it was real XD hahahahahahaha. But yes, the mod is real. It's really amazing what one gamer can do to make one game more awesome than it already is.

The mod? Yes. The movie?> Nope... but I wish it was real XD hahahahahahaha. But yes, the mod is real. It's really amazing what one gamer can do to make one game more awesome than it already is.

Hahahahaha. I especially liked the attack animation. XD nice one. It's really like Stark got warped into Skyrim.

I like some of the glitches in Bethesda games. Like that flapping noise and a dead body getting stuck and...flapping about.

Dead bodies on Bethesda games have nothing on Dark Souls, man.

But yeah, some bugs like that can be hilarious. Broken quests and such aren't funny, though.

But yeah, some bugs like that can be hilarious. Broken quests and such aren't funny, though.

True. As long as those glitches and bugs don't interfere, it's cool with me.

I agree with the broken quests and such part. As for the other bugs, yeah they're funny XD Hshahaha. But as the time goes by, games like that get fixed (Skyrim got a lot of patches in its lifetime in PS3, I remember right).

I agree. It's not uncommon for people to complain that games aren't something they want, even when it makes no sense. For example, complaining that LA Noire doesn't allow the freedom of GTA.

That never really made sense to me. I mean, GTA is an open world sandbox game, only surpassed in that regard by Saint's Row. But LA Noire was meant to be a story driven hard detective novel, only, you know, in a game format.

That never really made sense to me. I mean, GTA is an open world sandbox game, only surpassed in that regard by Saint's Row. But LA Noire was meant to be a story driven hard detective novel, only, you know, in a game format.

Yeah, you make some points there. See? As you can see in the posts in this thread, there's no such thing as a perfect game. The games we like and play were built that way. You can't have every game be what you want them to be. It's never going to happen. So yeah, why complain L.A. Noire to not be an open-world game? It's a story-driven game! It's not GTA 1950s or something. Geez.

Yeah, you make some points there. See? As you can see in the posts in this thread, there's no such thing as a perfect game. The games we like and play were built that way. You can't have every game be what you want them to be. It's never going to happen. So yeah, why complain L.A. Noire to not be an open-world game? It's a story-driven game! It's not GTA 1950s or something. Geez.

I agree with every word man.

I agree with every word man.

Word man, word. He makes the point. It's been made already, and it must be REPEATED: THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT GAME. Why do some people have to complain? So yeah, Skyrim is wrongly getting flak for something it cannot be for others. It's a world-driven game, so let it be.

It reminds me of a comment a dev from Game Freak said about why he and his team haven't made the "perfect" Pokemon game.

91731d1385508856-should-gamefreak-make-pok%u0025C3%u0025A9mon-game-all-regions-tumblr_msqikzwydl.jpg

Enough said. You can't have the perfect game. Games will always be built in a certain way.

It reminds me of a comment a dev from Game Freak said about why he and his team haven't made the "perfect" Pokemon game.

View attachment 2776

Enough said. You can't have the perfect game. Games will always be built in a certain way.

You said it man. As much as we will all like the perfect game... it'll just suck in the very end, which is ironic right? And besides that... do we even consider the many factors to make games? Do we even consider the working hours, the eating time, the sleeping time, the energy being used and everything else?

You said it man. As much as we will all like the perfect game... it'll just suck in the very end, which is ironic right? And besides that... do we even consider the many factors to make games? Do we even consider the working hours, the eating time, the sleeping time, the energy being used and everything else?

You make a good valid point. ARE WE DEVELOPERS? Are we the ones making them? Anyway, as you say, there's really no perfect game. Games will always be built a certain way. Man, if they're always made the same way..... I'll just be sick of it. That's why you can't have another GTA or another COD all the time. Skyrim is a world-driven game and it's meant to be that way. The devs made it that way, so let's all just like it like that. Fallout is like that too. Witcher is a story-driven game but it also has focus on the world. Let's like it that way. Pokemon games, while it may not have our ideas, were made that way. Satoshi is right: if all our ideas were put together, it'd be unplayable. It'd take so much space in the memories of consoles that it'll be unbearable. Heck, if EVERY game we played had ALL that we wanted....... the devs would have to make something that was so common, so bad, so silly that it would have to compete against the unique and idea-filled games. Then the genres wouldn't matter anymore right?

So Skyrim gets the wrong flak. It was meant to be played how it's played now.

So let's just enjoy the games as they are guys. Don't mind those bafflers who want that "perfect" game. Be honest: DO YOU WANT EVERY GAME TO BE A GTA? Do you want the essence of the Elder Scrolls to be stripped away? Seriously, the games were made that way to really show that their story, their essence, their gameplay is always gonna be that way. So let's just enjoy them as they are.

So let's just enjoy the games as they are guys. Don't mind those bafflers who want that "perfect" game. Be honest: DO YOU WANT EVERY GAME TO BE A GTA? Do you want the essence of the Elder Scrolls to be stripped away? Seriously, the games were made that way to really show that their story, their essence, their gameplay is always gonna be that way. So let's just enjoy them as they are.

THIS. Well, that's settled then. No need to complain then right? If the game is made as a world-driven game, then let it be. That's how it was, that's how it will be.

THIS. Well, that's settled then. No need to complain then right? If the game is made as a world-driven game, then let it be. That's how it was, that's how it will be.

Ofcourse we don't want every game to be GTA. That would be boring as hell man.

Back