Xbox One Does Skyrim get flak for the wrong things?

Ofcourse we don't want every game to be GTA. That would be boring as hell man.

Yup. Exactly. Sometimes, I want to have it story-driven, world-driven, narrative-driven, linear, semi-linear or whatever it was to be built from the start. That's why sometimes, linear games are fun too.

I like some of the glitches in Bethesda games. Like that flapping noise and a dead body getting stuck and...flapping about.

^^^THIS!!! Oh, and don't forget getting stuck inside of rocks/mountains. As far as Skyrim goes, I loved playing it. I ended up getting 100% completion and all the achievements, DLC's and all.

^^^THIS!!! Oh, and don't forget getting stuck inside of rocks/mountains. As far as Skyrim goes, I loved playing it. I ended up getting 100% completion and all the achievements, DLC's and all.

Wow... you went that far to get 100%? I applause for you. Awesome for you. See... you enjoyed it right? And yet some people complain about the game nevertheless. The game's meant to be enjoyed for how it was designed: a world-driven game with story as the second layer.

Wow... you went that far to get 100%? I applause for you. Awesome for you. See... you enjoyed it right? And yet some people complain about the game nevertheless. The game's meant to be enjoyed for how it was designed: a world-driven game with story as the second layer.

I've only reached around 95% with everything on it. Kudos to him man.

Thanks, but I think you mean kudos to HER, LOL. I really enjoyed the game, I got all the achievements because it was a fun challege for me, didnt do it for competition or anything else. I was sad when I had nothing left to do.

Yeah, you make some points there. See? As you can see in the posts in this thread, there's no such thing as a perfect game. The games we like and play were built that way. You can't have every game be what you want them to be. It's never going to happen. So yeah, why complain L.A. Noire to not be an open-world game? It's a story-driven game! It's not GTA 1950s or something. Geez.

Because people don't see the problem with people wanting to make a story driven game. Gotta have what we want, not what the devs want.

Skyrim is primarily a PC game and will always be a PC game first. To get the true experience, you'll have to try the PC version where the game is tweaked to such amount that it has improved a lot now.

God, 100%! Me, I got stuck crafting daggers until I leveled my blacksmithing to 100, then went after enchanting until I got to 100, then I got bored and uninstalled. Played Skyrim two times and each time I leveled the two skills I mentioned, then got bored. It's like I'm using the game as a grind simulator :D

I agree. It's not uncommon for people to complain that games aren't something they want, even when it makes no sense. For example, complaining that LA Noire doesn't allow the freedom of GTA.

I agree with this. I always feel like everyone just wants to complain all the time and dont really just sit back and enjoy a game for the beauty of it!

It's a great game but it's kind of a crappy RPG. There is very minimal RPG elements..

You can tell just by the title of the two games where the emphasis is going to be: Skyrim is the story of Skyrim, of the world itself, not of you. The Witcher, however, focuses on the main character Geralt, giving you control over some major choices and highlighting his personality and development.

This entire argument is just nonsense. It's obviously not about the name, it's about the devs building up expectations that don't match the experience. If you tell the player that you're going to be participating in a civil war which encompasses the entire province while at the same time fending off the literal end of the world in the form of a dragon invasion, then it would be crazy to assume that nothing would change after accomplishing both those tasks. Instead, it simply feels like absolutely nothing changed in the world. The only things that really change are a handful of NPC's related to the civil war disappear and a few lines of dialogue change. That's it. Dragons still spawn even after finishing the main quest, which means that finishing the main quest has even less impact on the world compared to the civil war quest line.

I think Skyrim's intention was to be more of a playground or a theme park (for both players and modders), bustling with pre-built attractions for you to discover. If you come looking for profound moral choices, character development, and a sense of agency, then you'll have a bad time.

I agree, but that's still a fault with Skyrim since the devs did hype the game as being full of choices and varied quests. It's not the consumers fault that the devs can't describe their own game in a realistic manner.

Just a few moments ago I was talking with a friend about how bad Skyrim is for the Xbox 360. Not only are the graphics terrible, but the game is loaded with glitches and lag. In my personal opinion, it has to be one of the worst games available on the Xbox360, quality wise. That is why I only play Skyrim on the PC.

I think Skyrim is honestly not that great of a game and the Elder Scrolls in general are not as good as the Fallout series.
Skyrim on it's own merits is some what of a mediocre game that can be some what fun to mess around in, the mods are what really make Skyrim worth playing. In whole it seems sort of barren and empty and the characters just are not as charismatic as some of the other Bethesda games.

Back