Foolishness On Xbox Live

It happens, the game is there for everyone. Have to adapt since you can't do anything about it.

I agree that the game is there for everyone, but that doesn't mean that we should let people abuse us or ruin our games and not say anything.

If somebody is deliberately being a d**ck then I'll tell them. Just as I would in real life, and just because they're hiding behind a console online, doesn't make them any different.

I actually enjoy it when there is a lot of trollers online, it does make the games more interesting. Not the game itself, but just being online with people who just want to have fun messing with other gamers. I will talk back with them.

If I don't want to hear them, then I'll just mute what I don't want to hear.

Each to their own I guess, and the insults from the trolls don't really bother me, and I give as good as I get, but at the same time I don't want my 8 year old son to be told to go and f*ck his mother just because he as beaten somebody.

There's a time and a place for insults and bad language, and I come out with expletives as much, if not more than anybody else, but in a funny way and not aggressive like a lot of others do when playing online.

It's not specific to Xbox. It's the one thing Playstation 4 users and us can agree on, its rampant on online. PC as well.

As you say, it's not just Xbox Live that as the problem, but every device that connects to the internet, so that IS something that we all share and have to put up with no matter what platform your playing on.

I do get that there is always going to be some fools that would rather spoil a game than add to it, but these days it seems as if there's more people than ever before that you have to try and avoid online, and while that might not be the fault of the actual game developers, I think they can be a lot more tougher when it comes to punishing those that are guilty of doing this.

I would say foolishness is the status quo for Xbox Live. As I said on an earlier post I will just mute the chat if it is becoming annoying. Sometimes people are really quite funny but other times it is just a lot of annoying noise. There seems to be a line straight down the middle of people accusing others of being a 14 year old kid or on the other hand people are stating they just got pwned by a 14 year old kid. I bet in the far future people will do studies on Xbox Live!

As you say, it's not just Xbox Live that as the problem, but every device that connects to the internet, so that IS something that we all share and have to put up with no matter what platform your playing on.

Well you are right, and it is important to keep that distinction in mind. I can certainly see why it is easy for a person to get frustrated at the particular medium, though, and I have definitely had my issues with people on X Box Live. I am big fan of that mute button, though, and I know I use it quite a bit, and that is really all you can do. Thanks for sharing.

The mute button does come in handy a lot more than it should though. One of the main points of the Xbox Live service, or any online gaming service for that matter is that you can interact as well as play with others. If they aren't worth interacting with though, or feel that their sole purpose in life is to just annoy others, it takes away one of the aspects of using the service in the first place in my opinion.

Back