Xbox One Gotham is 5x bigger in Arkham Knight

silvananoir

Batman: Arkham Knight's Gotham City is "roughly five times" larger than the one built for Batman: Arkham City, Rocksteady has revealed – although according to the developer, it isn't just about the size.
"As we've said before with Arkham City, it's not about the scale as much as the detail," game director Sefton Hill explained in the latest issue of Game Informer. "We want to make sure the world is rich and full of interesting things to do. We’re not trying to create the biggest open-world game ever. We are trying to create a really rich, vibrant, dense open world."

So we all know that a new Batman game has been announced and are excited to see what the power of next-gen brings to the game. One thing that it looks like we're getting is a much bigger City because Gotham is going to be huge. I really want to see that since there is so much of Gotham that's in the comics.

Gotham is 5x bigger

I don't care if the game is bigger to be honest. I was more variation. I'm almost done with Arkham City and picked up Origins to change things up a bit and quickly realized that it was pretty much the exact same game as Arkham City. I definitely won't rush out to buy this one, as I still have the other two to finish first!

bigger is not always better.. just means a ton of fillers and needless wandering. i would much rather have a smaller map that is visually pleasing can be navigated dosnt have a ton of filler space.

Hmmmm... they'd better make it more varied. 'Cuz if all I see is just the same set of buildings.... meh. But we'll see. E3 may show us more.

We need more details on the bigger Gotham. I'm not a fan of the empty, massive surroundings where all you have in company with are the thugs. But hey, this is a next-gen game we're talking about. We might see an improvement.

Better hope they're right that they're making this Gotham a vibrant, living, breathing, detailed city. I want to see it succeed.

Better hope they're right that they're making this Gotham a vibrant, living, breathing, detailed city. I want to see it succeed.

All the better to make strategies on a bigger map. Makes a hit and run strategy worthwhile.

I don't care if the game is bigger to be honest. I was more variation. I'm almost done with Arkham City and picked up Origins to change things up a bit and quickly realized that it was pretty much the exact same game as Arkham City. I definitely won't rush out to buy this one, as I still have the other two to finish first!

Origins isn't worth your time to be honest. Your better off sticking strictly to the Rocksteady entries

Origins isn't worth your time to be honest. Your better off sticking strictly to the Rocksteady entries

I've heard a lot that Origins is definitely not worth anyone's time. Well, if you say so. Besides that, it's a prequel so I guess we don't need to know what happened before since we already know how it ended anyway.

bigger is not always better.. just means a ton of fillers and needless wandering. i would much rather have a smaller map that is visually pleasing can be navigated dosnt have a ton of filler space.

Agree man. Fillers and needless wandering would suck a lot. But well, we can't have that smaller map you want so bad 'cuz Rocksteady's gonna go for the 5x bigger Gotham so we'll have to see how they work with this one.

We need more details on the bigger Gotham. I'm not a fan of the empty, massive surroundings where all you have in company with are the thugs. But hey, this is a next-gen game we're talking about. We might see an improvement.

Agree. Empty spaces just don't interest me. At least in games like Fallout 3 and Dragon Age, the environments there have life in them. Better hope this next-gen game can deliver for us.

Well I'm still uncertain whether the increase in the map size will do any good for the game. I've played prototype before and it did have quite a big map as well but everything else was just the same. The NPC and the vehicles were just the same. I just hope that this won't be that repetitive and boring as other games.

Unfortunately I bought it when it came out :( So I'll have to make it worth my time! lol

Not bad. I have origins as well it was interesting for me as well. Not a bad game to be honest.

Unfortunately I bought it when it came out :( So I'll have to make it worth my time! lol

I've read about Origins. It's not that bad actually. Multiplayer's fun too. Saw a lot of vids and wow, it's actually fun, especially the Hunter, Hunted Mode.

I've read about Origins. It's not that bad actually. Multiplayer's fun too. Saw a lot of vids and wow, it's actually fun, especially the Hunter, Hunted Mode.

I agree. I have played it as well, it's really a decent game, not totally 100% better than the other games that I've played but still is quite fun to play.

Origins was a great game, I wish they could make a new one.

I think they could at least throw in pedestrians to flesh things out. They don't have to have their own schedules and stuff (it's not like anyone is going to get invested in what Martha is doing), but just to have the streets bustling during the day and maybe late night, cars, and so on. Make it seem like Gotham wasn't evacuated because criminals got froggy and just about took over lol

Agree. Empty spaces just don't interest me. At least in games like Fallout 3 and Dragon Age, the environments there have life in them. Better hope this next-gen game can deliver for us.

Fallout 3 is kind of the exception because its meant to be empty. The setting, backstory, history, etc. all painted the picture that the Capitol Wasteland was meant to be desolate. It was like a lazy graphics team's dream as far as the overworld was concerned. Dragon Age...ehh. You don't really travel around so much as you go to hubs. The world is great once you get into those hubs, but some places did seem underpopulated...you know, you go to place and you either see more than enough houses and few people or a bunch of people and few houses. Of course the dark spawn invasion could be to blame for both, but still.

I think they could at least throw in pedestrians to flesh things out. They don't have to have their own schedules and stuff (it's not like anyone is going to get invested in what Martha is doing), but just to have the streets bustling during the day and maybe late night, cars, and so on. Make it seem like Gotham wasn't evacuated because criminals got froggy and just about took over lol

Fallout 3 is kind of the exception because its meant to be empty. The setting, backstory, history, etc. all painted the picture that the Capitol Wasteland was meant to be desolate. It was like a lazy graphics team's dream as far as the overworld was concerned. Dragon Age...ehh. You don't really travel around so much as you go to hubs. The world is great once you get into those hubs, but some places did seem underpopulated...you know, you go to place and you either see more than enough houses and few people or a bunch of people and few houses. Of course the dark spawn invasion could be to blame for both, but still.

I think having pedestrians and more cars would make the game more exciting. It would also be nice if we had more side quests to be in line with the big city.

I think having pedestrians and more cars would make the game more exciting. It would also be nice if we had more side quests to be in line with the big city.

Not a bad thing to make for a game. But don't we have the same setting on GTA and on other games?

Back