Xbox One Gotham is 5x bigger in Arkham Knight

Who cares if Arkham is bigger, I want a newer experience not an expanded land mass or polygons. I mean, I don't want a game that is being 'extended' because of how big it is and how many side quests there is, I want a more solid experience. Granted, I do want to fly around a big city, but the thing is, if their going to expand it, at least have something that will give the players the spark of interest to roam it.

Well, this will certainly be an improvement upon the scale of Origins I suppose. Although that wasn't built by the same people obviously.

Who cares if Arkham is bigger, I want a newer experience not an expanded land mass or polygons. I mean, I don't want a game that is being 'extended' because of how big it is and how many side quests there is, I want a more solid experience. Granted, I do want to fly around a big city, but the thing is, if their going to expand it, at least have something that will give the players the spark of interest to roam it.

Exactly, but I think they will start applying that on this game anyways.

Exactly, but I think they will start applying that on this game anyways.

Grammatical errors on that post of mine, anyways. Really? Then that would be great, I just don't like it when developers make the game so big that is loses focus on the important things, kinda like what happened in Assassin's Creed III.

When are studios going to realize that bigger doesn't always mean better? I mean, it's nice on a press release to the media because it gives everyone something to talk about, but at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the quality of content, not the quantity of the landmasses.

I'll play Devil's Advocate and point to RockStar games where they boast about the size of the city that Grand Theft Auto is in. The size of the map doesn't matter until you add in additional experience. I think we, as people who read and participate in discussion of gaming, understand this concept. However, as far as marketing is concerned this can be a big thing for them since there's a correlation in a target audience's mind with bigger being better.

With all that said, I don't believe they will just leave this franchise in the same place where they left it. Having a larger map means they can offer larger areas for Bat man to travel in awesome batman ways. So, lets just see what happens and hopefully it will be amazing!

Gotham is going to be enormous! I've loved all the batman games until now and this one is looking super strong too, can't wait to play it!

While I think it's great that it will be 5x bigger, I hope they manage to actually make use of the extra space and not just have large expanses with nothing on it, kind of like what happened with Red Dead and especially GTA V.
There should be at least a few fights you get into in those areas but hopefully there will be more random events that you can run into.

Back