PlayStation 4 to be priced at $399

This has already affected the console war by a long shot. I think that Sony is completely destroying Microsoft. For some reason I have a little feeling no matter how down Microsoft is down at the moment, I think that they have a something in their pockets!

-Paul

I would say that this will be a huge factor on which console sells more units. In this day and age, and the economy being what it is the difference in price is substantial and to be honest I'm now seriously considering getting a ps4 instead of the xbox one.

I don't think I'll be buyin the Xbox One now, they made a lot of really bad financial decisions and I don't think I could buy it now, knowing that it's more expensive and a lot less user friendly for the average gamer. No thanks.

What many do not know is that the "Playstation 4 Package" for $ 399, does not have the "PSEye", as in "One Xbox package" has the "Kinect".

I don't think I'll be buyin the Xbox One now, they made a lot of really bad financial decisions and I don't think I could buy it now, knowing that it's more expensive and a lot less user friendly for the average gamer. No thanks.

But in the event that you walk by an electronics store, and see the X-BOX One console priced at half of the previously announced retail price you will??.....

But you must the month-money now too.

The monthly fees for Playstation Plus are lower than Live Gold, last I checked (PS+ $50/year vs Gold $60/year). Even then, Playstation Plus is a vastly superior service, as they offer free games to subscribers, and Gold only offers online features.

The monthly fees for Playstation Plus are lower than Live Gold, last I checked (PS+ $50/year vs Gold $60/year). Even then, Playstation Plus is a vastly superior service, as they offer free games to subscribers, and Gold only offers online features.

Maybe so but the new Xbox Live service is now offering dedicated servers for every game, free cloud computing tools to devs, unlimited cloud storage and unlimited friends. Not to mention live streaming and project upload.

Free games for $50. Oh yea, Xbox live gold members will get two free games a month, starting next month, and you get to keep them forever.

Microsoft better make something changes too before everybody moves over to ps4 because right now that's what most people are intending to buy right now. If Microsoft lowers the price and make 1 year free live or better yet make it free then they have a slightly better chance of beating Sony.

The monthly fees or Playstation Plus are lower than Live Gold, last I checked (PS+ $50/year vs Gold $60/year). Even then, Playstation Plus is a vastly superior service, as they offer free games to subscribers, and Gold only offers online features.
at the conference sony said PS plus was 4.99 a month idk I might be wrong.

I doubt the online features are going to have an impact on sales. Even if it does, it won't be that significant. Most people who play PlayStation games online will probably be willing to pay the fee, especially considering a lot of them already have PS+. In the end it's more about what games are available, and who provides the better multiplayer experience.

whoa!! did you say $399 I never really expected it to be that affordable, I was thinking it would be in the range of $500 - $600 but $399 is a good price, it's a good idea that they are finally grasping the idea of sell it affordable and sell it fast and get your investment plus profit back. :) I am definitely buying one for myself. ;)

This was a great move by Sony. It was amazing to see the applause Sony got when they announced the price for the PS4. Even if they were lacking in the games department at E3, the fact that they didn't change their stance on used games and promised no always online pretty much sealed the deal that they won E3. The price was pretty much just the cherry on top for them take the crown at E3. Although if the Xbox One didn't include Kinect, Microsoft could have probably charged the same price for the Xbox One.

Free games for $50. Oh yea, Xbox live gold members will get two free games a month, starting next month, and you get to keep them forever.

Yeah, starting next month until like... November? October? I forget. Also, two free games a month vs 2+ PS3 games and 2+ Vita games a month. The only good thing is that you keep them "forever", but they seem to be giving old games everybody owns so far.

I agree that PS+ doesn't really give FREE games, but that's another thing entirely. People generally call them "free" games, even if they technically aren't.

at the conference sony said PS plus was 4.99 a month idk I might be wrong.

They said "About $4.99 a month" or something like that. It's more accurately about $4.16 a month, haha.

Sony burned Microsoft that time. But at the end of the day, all of that stuff does not mater to me, as i plan to get both systems in the near future. I will wait a while and let the prices come down a bit before i buy those consoles.

Let's see if Microsoft can get their butt into gear and make a comeback to be a valid choice in this next console generation, because right now everyone I talk to is getting a PS4.

Sony has already launched too many devastating blows against Microsoft; first with the price, then with the fact that it does not have to be Big Brother always online, and then the sharing or transferal of games physically with no fee. There is no way to recover except with a drastic design change, which, at this stage of the battle, is too improbable to be considered an option. It's almost as if Microsoft paid no attention whatsoever to its competition. I planned on trying out both consoles, but with this? The first I'll get is the PS4.

Back