Xbox 360 Vertical or Horizontal?

Which way?

• Total voters
From
Tempe
On how you set your Xbox?
So in other terms, vertical is standing, horizontal is down on its side.
I've always had mine laying down. Easier for games and less likely to fall. Also it fits my entertainment system laying down.

What about you?

Same. Horizontal. Last time I had it vertical I had just bought a brand new Xbox 360 Slim. 2 days later I trip over a cord and BAM - Xbox shatters beyond repair. Lesson learned!

Horizontal. It just seems natural.

Same, horizontal. Is there a "correct" way it's supposed to be. Like rainbow said, it seems natural horizontal. But is one way correct? Does one way scratch more game?

I will be the lone discenter today.. Mine is sitting vertical. My entertainment center has a nifty spot that is only about 7 inches wide, so the Xbox fits nicely in that location. There is no back to the entertainment center so there is airtflow, plus I open the fron door to get cross ventilation.. I also have a Xbox fan from Nyko. So I do not believe heat build up is my enemy, but I could be wrong..

Mine is situated horizontally, and I had to have an accident that ended in my Xbox eating a disc to make me learn the hard way that the vertical setup is risky. Speaking of this, I hope the new xbox has a much better disc drive.

I've had mine laying down and standing up, but with my newest Xbox slim its been horizontal the whole time. I think putting it vertical really wears out the disc drive. I've had 2 Xbox's have issues with the disc drive, so this is pretty much an experiment. lol

Horizontal. My very first Xbox 360 was standing vertically but then my little brother accidentally bumped it, so it falls while the disc is still inside. After I tried to put it back up, I heard this weird squeaking noise I decided to check the disc inside, and I saw this ring like lines around the disk. I tried it, and found out it wasn't working anymore. So when I bought my new Xbox 3 years ago, I started to put it horizontally.

Horizontal. I have no place to put it vertically and I think it's safer horizontally anyway.

Vertical, so it fits with all the DVD players etc. under my TV. Does it affect your Red Ring of Death probability, though? xD

Diagonal. Oops. Just can't help it.

Actually, I prefer the vertical position. It takes up less space. I can put more things beside the console when it is in a vertical position as compared to a horizontal position.

On how you set your Xbox?
So in other terms, vertical is standing, horizontal is down on its side.
I've always had mine laying down. Easier for games and less likely to fall. Also it fits my entertainment system laying down.

What about you?

Always horizontal! Especially with phat consoles as they have overheating issues as it is, so blocking 1 of the 3 air grilles is bad for the console in my opinion. Also certain Xbox DVD drives after some time get "sticky" and don't like to eject sometimes laying them horizontally can make open as normal

I set mine horizontally . It's easier for me to get to the disc tray that way. Also much less likely that it would be destroyed at least in my case.

Vertical, it fits in a cuboard nicely next to my PS3 which is also vertical

Mine is Horizontal. Mainly because there is only room for it to be like that, but also because I don't like putting them vertical. Whenever I put a game into a vertical console I feel like the game is not securely fastened. Also, I wouldn't like to have it vertical because I have one of the larger xbox 360's and I don't want to risk having one of those fall over.
Hence The Quote:
"The bigger they are, the harder they fall"

Kevin

Mine is vertical for a reason that has nothing to do with personal preference lol. The way my room is laid out, the ethernet from my router won't quite reach the side where my electronics are(specifically my xbox) if I set it horizontally, so I set it vertically =/
Un-related: That says a lot about my self-motivation levels if I can't even change my room layout haha.

Horizontal, isn't that the way the thing is designed to be? If not, perhaps my game play is suffering. Oh Nooooes!

I would say horizontal position, and I have heard that from other people too, make sense when the major air flow is on the right side so if it was vertical then there would be a restriction to the air entering the console and am sure it more of a factor with the older consoles, and less of a factor with the new updated consoles.

I always have had my system laying horizontal. If I leave it vertical, I'll become super paranoid that it might fall over. I also think it just looks a lot better when its horizontal. It seems more natural.

Back