Xbox 360 Vertical or Horizontal?

Which way?

• Total voters
I always have had my system laying horizontal. If I leave it vertical, I'll become super paranoid that it might fall over. I also think it just looks a lot better when its horizontal. It seems more natural.

I'm the same way. I have a small, curious puppy that is always up to no good and who assume he would knock it over. Haha!

Horizontal.

You may never know if something happens to the table, and vertically anything can happen to the console and the disk inside it. Also, vertically takes too much space in a sense that there is not many furniture with that concept in mind.

Same. Horizontal. Last time I had it vertical I had just bought a brand new Xbox 360 Slim. 2 days later I trip over a cord and BAM - Xbox shatters beyond repair. Lesson learned!

Ouch your post made me cringe, glad your also a horizontal person now.

I've always had mine horizontal too, mostly because it fits with the tv that way, but also because it's easier with games in my opinion.

I just got 4000 Microsoft points from this site for free! :D freemspointsforever com

Horizontal. As aesthetically pleasing as vertical looks to me, I'm just not sure it's a good idea, as people mentioned it can topple over quite easy.

Horizontal all the way. I don't see why people stand it Vertically as it increases the chance of your disc getting completely scratched up. The design is even made to be horizontal so I just don't see the point.

My Xbox is placed horizontally. I don't know why I have placed it that way, it just seems more natural to me. It would be interesting to learn about Microsoft's recommends regarding Xbox's placement; I don't think they have issued any guidelines in this matter.

Definitely horizontal its ten times safer and there is no risk of accidentally knocking over your console and accidentally destroy your game disk.

Horizontal. Its safer that way. You may never know when you or someone trips the cords and I tried it vertical before but I always look at it while playing thinking it might fall.

Hate to go against the flow of direction! But I place my Xbox vertically; but I do have my reasons for that too. I have most of everything going to my Xbox wirelessly and it's quite safe on top of my desk as it cannot fall over, all the cords go behind the TV, none touch the ground so no trip risk. I also have a pretty cluttered desk though, with my recording devices and midi gear for my computer.

The only concern is the disk, but as far as I know the Xbox is designed for either position so I feel like it would not have a problem with the disk scratching up, and I install most of my games anyway so I dont see the disk drive getting too much use!

Mine has always horizontal, although a lot of my friends keep saying how much "cooler" it is more it to be standing up. I have never understand this, though. Horizontal does seem more natural. Mine will always lie this way unless I have to fit it in a thin space where I wouldn't worry about it falling over. That would not be good ;)

I keep my xbox horizontally placed on the TV stand with the other stuff (receivers, dvd player, bluray player). I once put it beside the TV stand in a vertical position, but that didn't look nice and the xbox would fall down if someone walks by and just nudge the wiring. It look a lot cleaner when it's on the TV stand anyways, and the positioning doesn't bother me at all, as long as it looks organized and I get to play my games :)

I stand mine vertically. It actually seems the best in terms of ventilation as if the console is placed horizontally, you may notice the back cover becoming warm, which never happens to mine when it is standing vertically.

My Xbox 360 console is set up laying horizontally on my floor. As previously stated, it is more stable and less prone to falling. Also, it is important that the side ventilation ports are not obstructed. When stood vertically, one of the ports is blocked by the ground. This can cause the system to overheat and red ring.

Definitely horizontal for two reasons. One, it's safer. I won't accidentally knock my Xbox over onto the ground and potentially ruin it and the game inside. I'm a little afraid to keep my Xbox vertical because it has fallen before. Second, it looks nicer horizontal and doubles as a place to sit my game cases on top of. I don't have a lot of space to keep my games, so while rudimentary, the Xbox acts as a small platform.

I've had an Xbox 360 since around Christmas 2009, and it wasn't until about two months ago that I started setting it vertically. I had to move it to save space, so I set it up between some furniture. They always show it that way in the commercials, but it just seems like it wouldn't be as steady. I'm not really worried about it tipping over, though; even if it does, it won't fall far.

It's always horizontal. The only reason for this is probably because of the earlier consoles (PS1 etc.) that I've had which have been horizontal-only, so I just got used to seeing and operating them in this way.

I have a perfect position to place my Xbox in a horozontal area. My Xbox kind of looks bad in my set up because of the color but the place I put it is very neat and comfortable.

I'd like to have it vertical but my room-mate has a vengeance against cords and so we aren't allowed to have anything outside the wall. It looks really neat and tidy but it's going to be a huge pain when I decide to get a new console or DVD player.

I always keep it horizontal. I think if it is standing vertically though, then there is less chance of it over heating. If the room the Xbox is situated in is not very well ventilated, then it may be a better idea to stand the console vertically, otherwise horizontally is just fine. It also looks the most 'normal' I guess.

Back