Xbox 360 Vertical or Horizontal?

Which way?

• Total voters
I kept mine in a horizontal position always. I put some metal blocks at the bottom of the system on all four corners so that it has space to ventilate and does not overheat easily. My console has been operating fine since three years ago. No Red Rings, not any failures at all. I don't understand why some people would place it vertically. The game disk doesn't even fit properly onto the DVD tray when vertical, so it just really scares me when someone keeps their 360 in a vertical position.

I don't understand why anyone would put any console at all in vertical position. It's just too risky, especially for something that you (or your parents..) spent a lot of money on. No console (besides the Wii) was made to be vertical really, and anyone that puts it in a vertical position is really pushing the limits of the console. Ahh, it makes me nervous just thinking about it :p

I agree 100% with you. I just cringe when I see my friend's console in vertical position. I mean, what if a random gust of air just toppled it over? What if there was an earthquake tremor? You'll never know these days.

I agree 100% with you. I just cringe when I see my friend's console in vertical position. I mean, what if a random gust of air just toppled it over? What if there was an earthquake tremor? You'll never know these days.

A gust of air toppling an XBOX 360? Earthquake tremors?

3ofhhg.jpg

tumblr_lpyw2pnhaz1r0w4bgo1_500.jpg

I also always had it laying down because it fit under the TV really well. I also feel more safe and secure when it is horizontal because I sometimes have kids around my house which is always a hazard I would like to avoid.

Horizontal. My dog marks anything standing vertically.

OMG! That is too funny! I'd be so mad if my dog marked anything in my house!

And for the record boys it's only horizontal! Never turn your 360 or any console for that matter in a vertical position when it's not designed to be that way. The 360 is designed for horizontal play only! It puts rings in your discs after being vertical for too long, BAD IDEA! Vertical only!

Horizontally, as I share a similar misfortune of having decimated a vertically standing console, except for a while I was without my xbox games entirely, which was a strange form of devastating because the only thing I could do about it was wait for the next holiday. Ah, to be young again... ;D

Definitely horizontal its ten times safer and there is much less chance of you knocking it down.. I've done that before haha :)

I always have my console lay horizontally, I felt more secure when it's like that.

Always horizontal, I don't like my dvd's in there in a vertical position it doesn't feel "safe" and correct to put them in that position. I just stick with the horizontal position.

I play mine horizontally. I've always heard that it isn't good to store them vertically as it damages the games. Not sure how true this is, but I simply didn't want to take the chance. Vertical looks cool and takes up less space, but I guess I'm just chicken.

Back