Xbox 360 What game system did you play before Xbox?

I wish I could get more into PC gaming but it just doesn't do it for me :/.

It isn't for everyone. I think my thing is that if I'm sitting at a computer than I'm in work mode and the best I can do is like solitaire or Binding of Isaac, but nothing more. There is also the consideration of me being primarily a horror game enthusiast who really enjoys RPGs and Weirdness - those fields are generally far better represented on like console than on PC so yeah.

NES, Genesis, Super Nintendo, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, PS1, PS2, Game Gear, Game Boy, PC.

I started with the original Nintendo. Yes, I'm old lol. Mario was the ultimate game for me back then. I felt the need to do EVERYTHING in that game and spent many hours doing so. But I eventually graduated to the Playstation and, after that, the Playstation 2. The Playstation 2 was the first console I owned that I played all the time, eventually leading me into this generation of gaming. I had a lot of good times on that system.

But eventually I got an Xbox, then an Xbox 360. I've also got a Playstation 3 and, at one point, had a Wii. I guess I just like playing games. And I'd hate to miss out on a great experience because of brand loyalty. A lot of good times with all of them! :)

We I started out with a Sega Genesis and then quickly worked my way to the SNES. Then from there it was Playstation and PS2. I actually then get the original XBOX until its last year before the 360, but then HALO captivated me and I've been an XBOT since.

I've been playing on the Wii before I got an Xbox 360. It was a great leap forward in the way I play games. The Xbox games I started playing were so much fun to play rather than Wii games. Instead of playing Wii Sports for 3 hours straight, I played shooter games and RPGs with my new Xbox.

The Wii. I bought the Wii pretty much only for Smash Bros, played it until I was thoroughly finished, and sold it to my brother (who wanted it for things like Legend of Zelda and various RPGs). That's when I started picking up shooters like Call of Duty and Halo.

I've had a ton of consoles before Xbox. I've owned:

Atari
NES
SNES
Sega
Dreamcast
N64
Gamecube
Playstation
Playstation 2
Playstation3

My favorite aside from XBOX is probably Playstation 2 along with SNES and N64. I really enjoyed the Mario games whether it was Mario 64, Mario Golf, Mario Kart 64 or Mario Tennis. I also played a ton of Madden 10 on Playstation 3. I actually still play that sometimes.

It's interesting that it's harder to remember my gaming history than I thought it would be. I know I had a GameCube and a Nintendo 64, I recall my brother having a Dreamcast which I played a little. I think I mostly bought the GameCube because I was into Pokemon at the time, I don't recall owning any games for it other than Pokemon Colosseum (if that's the right title). I loved the Nintendo 64 though, I played Tetris and Dr. Mario on it long after having bought the GameCube. As soon as I tried Halo though, that was it for me, I had to get an Xbox next.

I mainly played SNES, N 64 and PC games before xbox though I also had playstation, gameboy and atari. I don't even think xbox is a top three all time system. I also had a dreamcast which was a sweet system.

It's funny, I remember my dad commenting, when my brother and I faught over the nintendo that in his day the closest they had to anything like that was a pinball machine lol

I never bought any console before that. 360 was my first step in the console gaming. Before that, I used to play Counter Strike and Runescape on PC.

wii and ps2 and gamecube i really like the xbox360 u can hangout with your friends or just play a game

Were you always an Xbox fan or did you play PlayStation before?

I started with game cube and play station then i tried out Xbox, it was something about the buttons that i liked.lol

We started out with an Atari when I was a kid, then went to the original Nintendo, then went on to the Super Nintendo, then skipped all the way to the PS1. Never had a Gamecube, N64, Dreamcast, or Genesis. After the PS1, we got a PS2, then the original Xbox, and finally the 360. :D

My first system ever was the Sega Genesis. I was so proud of myself for getting it too. I was all little and paid for it all by myself! Then I had a PS and of course the PS2. But when the XBOX came out I got that as well and ever since then I've owned all the systems across platforms. Had a gamecube for a while as well. Now I own all three, the Wii, 360, and PS3. Haven't gotten the Wii u yet though, but I'm sure I will soon.

Playstation 1 all the way! Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Rayman and Lego Racers were the best games ever and I can't believe how old they are now... Shame Activision has taken over a large proportion and ruined them. Remakes of old PS1 games should happen, I'd buy them over GTAV or BF4 anyday!

Xbox 360 was the first game console I've ever owned. Previously, I would just play all the games I could on a crappy PC, but that's changed now that I have a new "current" gaming PC. But before all that, I've played the PS2 and PS1 at my friends' houses. Jak and Daxter racing along with Phantasy Star were really fun games at the time and I thoroughly enjoyed them. On PC, I would just be playing the usual MMORPG games that my friends played along with Counter-Strike and some Halo 1, haha.

I feel like I need to add an adendum in this topic! I played my PC before anything else. I was into PC gaming shortly after I had my Nintendo/Super NES and Sega. I loved being able to add parts and destroying Diablo many a time. It was such a good time. I need to decide what to get Diablo 3 on, Xbox or PC. My buddy wants me to get the Box but I have some affiliation to the computer version of the game.

The system I had before getting my 360 was the PS3, I was always a playstation fun and most of the sagas I loved were there, but 2/3 years ago there was a good deal and I just went for it so I could try games like gears of war and forza. I don't regret it but my heart is definitely with playstation ( sorry guys :p ).

The one before the xbox was the cube. It was after I came to a friend's house and played a ton of Halo local for the first time I knew I had to get one.

Back