Xbox 360 What game system did you play before Xbox?

I got into the Xbox quite late to be honest, in 2010. I was more into handhelds, Nintendo handhelds to be precise. I've had every single one, including the Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance/SP, Nindendo DS, and finally the Nintendo 3DS. I also had a PS2 that I pretty much neglected when I didn't have a Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts game to play.

I played Playstation ever since PS1 was introduced like 20 years ago. I loved the platform, I loved the games...in short I loved the whole thing. Then I upgraded to PS2 and was just as blown away as I was with PS1. There were so many titles, both for adults and for kids and the system was solid and backwards compatitble. It was a natural progression. And then PS3 came out and ruined it for everyone. There was no backwards compatibility, and it was expensive, and there were issues with having your personal information compromised with the Playstation hack. I left Sony behind in favor of the Xbox 360 and have not looked back. I am waiting with bated breath for the Xbox ONe to come out so that I can really experience video games they way they were intended to be experienced.

I played Playstation ever since PS1 was introduced like 20 years ago. I loved the platform, I loved the games...in short I loved the whole thing. Then I upgraded to PS2 and was just as blown away as I was with PS1. There were so many titles, both for adults and for kids and the system was solid and backwards compatitble. It was a natural progression. And then PS3 came out and ruined it for everyone. There was no backwards compatibility, and it was expensive, and there were issues with having your personal information compromised with the Playstation hack. I left Sony behind in favor of the Xbox 360 and have not looked back. I am waiting with bated breath for the Xbox ONe to come out so that I can really experience video games they way they were intended to be experienced.

Well to be precise, the 60gb version was backwards compatible

I have had many consoles, starting with an Atari 2600, an Intellivison, a Nintendo, a Nintendo 64, a Gameboy, a Sega System, a PS1 and a PS2 all before Xbox. I also had an original Xbox, before they came out with the 360, which died shortly after purchase (red ring of death). It was this problem that soured me a bit on the whole Xbox experience, but I am totally glad I came back.

I'm going to be the odd one out here and say i was Gamecube through and through until I picked up a 360, now i couldn't picture myself giving up any of the franchises for another console.

I have always been a Nintendo guy, but I have played every console at least once. The 360 was actually the first console I got of this generation. It wasn't my favorite, but I still had a good time with it before I went back to my Nintendo consoles.

the first console I played was playstation original after that I had the ps2 i remember playing gta san andreas and then going to my friends he had the xbox and he had xbox san andreas and the grphics were better so i went with xbox after i brought kingdom under fire and kingdom under fire heroes

they are still my favourite games and then i remember the 360 advert with all the boxes coming together to form the 360 i got that console must of burnt through about 7 of them and now i have my xbox 360 super slim and getting xbox one x mas

lol i dont know exactly what my first console was but i remember playing games on the Amiga ! haha ..
then i guess it was nintendo/snes, sega md, ps1 and n64 then xbox and xbox 360.

I started out with Atari. But after that, I was a Nintendo guy (with the lone exception of owning a Sega Genesis). So NES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, 64, Gamecube, Wii. Switched over to PS2, then finally a 360. Gotta say I love the 360 the most of all the systems I've had... But there's a nostalgia factor that keeps me coming back to 64 every now and again.

I used to fall for the whole I'm an Xbox guy bit but I came to my senses when I started to play the PS3. I ended up purchasing the PS3 to add to my collection of gaming consoles (I had the XBOX 360, the Nintendo WII and the PS3). In my opinion each console has their ups and downs. Some games are better on Xbox and some were better on the PS3 (the Wii was more of a purchase for my daughter, but I still have fun with Mario Bros). I know I'll probably get blasted for this post because too many people out there are obsessed with choosing sides and labeling themselves as this or that, but I'm just being real.

I was a SEGA fan from the first day i played it. Even though I had played the NES first i really like the sonic series much more than the mario series. By the time i got my hands on an SNES i had already made my mind up. I got the sega cd attachment, then got a sega saturn, then a sega dreamcast. I did play some of the playstation games but it didnt seem as "easy" to use as the sega consoles.

When the dreamcast died and the XBox was announced, it just seemed like it was the spiritual successor to the Dreamcast, and I didn't hesitate to get it. I did not regret my decision.

I had a playstation 2. Until my mother literally threw it out the window. :mad:

My parents had a Sega Mega Drive and Master System when I was born, so I grew up with that. I had handhelds, but I didn't get another console until I was probably 9 or 10, when the PS2 came out.

From that point on, I had a little money myself, so I saved up until I could afford a GameCube, and was lucky enough to get a Wii for Christmas the year it came out (apparently it was only delivered on the afternoon of the 24th December). A year or two later, I saved up again for an Xbox 360. I owned every Nintendo handheld along the way, but never got around to buying a PSP.

Now I'm a student, and have more (yet somehow less) money than ever before. I'd been saving up for a Wii U, which I'm pretty pleased with (the next year or so should be better) and I'm currently saving up for a gaming PC, an X1 and/or PS4, and a seven-string guitar. The guitar is kind of irrelevant though.

I had a playstation 2. Until my mother literally threw it out the window. :mad:

It sounds like there's a story behind this...

Before I played the 360 I played quite a few gaming systems regularly such as the Color, PS2, Xbox and N64 mostly but from time to time played some others until I eventually found my way into trying out the 360.

Back