Xbox One 5 year old cracks Microsoft security.

I saw this one. Man, a 5-year old was able to crack it? Goes to show: we're not always secure in our accounts. We gotta be extra secure and careful. If a kid can do it, so can the regular guy,

Man, what has the dad been doing? Or what is MSFT's security panel doing? They seriously got to reconsider how they do their thing with the security. See, even a kid can crack it open!

Yup, goes to show: MSFT's security measures aren't secure after all. A kid was able to crack it open. Or the dad wasn't so secure enough with his account. Either way, you always got to be careful. Kids are getting more cunning these days.,

This shows a lot about security really has its flaws. And a 5-year old cracked it? They'd better strengthen it up 'cuz if a baby cracks it.... security really needs a new makeover.

This shows a lot about security really has its flaws. And a 5-year old cracked it? They'd better strengthen it up 'cuz if a baby cracks it.... security really needs a new makeover.

Yup, a new makeover is more like it. Security is beginning to deteriorate slowly but surely. they'd better get their act together or more kids will crack the accounts open like an epidemic!

Hmmm, this interesting. I guess it shows us how easy one can exploit a glitch like this. If it were me, I would have bought myself all the possible games out there!

Microsoft takes another "L"

They are really falling apart. This has not been a good year for Microsoft at all. First Sony kicks their tail in the next generation console release. Now a five year old cracks their security. How incompetent can a company be?

And they have the nerve to put it out in the media. I would have tried my best to keep this a secret. Microsoft needs to get it together, and soon.

For reporting the major security loophole, Microsoft gave the kid four free games, $50, and a 12-month subscription to Xbox Live.

If it had been an adult discovering this, he would be immediately hired on a huge salary as a security consultant.
Since a kid did it, he gets 4 games and 50 bucks? That's borderline insulting!

I saw this one. Man, a 5-year old was able to crack it? Goes to show: we're not always secure in our accounts. We gotta be extra secure and careful. If a kid can do it, so can the regular guy,

That must be some talented kid. Haha. I could probably do it if I had a guide.

If it had been an adult discovering this, he would be immediately hired on a huge salary as a security consultant.
Since a kid did it, he gets 4 games and 50 bucks? That's borderline insulting!

Yeah man. I agree. The kid could have gotten 4 consoles as a reward or maybe a million gold points.

Man, what has the dad been doing? Or what is MSFT's security panel doing? They seriously got to reconsider how they do their thing with the security. See, even a kid can crack it open!

I know man. for a kid to crack the security easily makes me think that the console isn't that secure after all.

They are really falling apart. This has not been a good year for Microsoft at all. First Sony kicks their tail in the next generation console release. Now a five year old cracks their security. How incompetent can a company be?

And they have the nerve to put it out in the media. I would have tried my best to keep this a secret. Microsoft needs to get it together, and soon.

If I were microsoft I could have bribed the father and the kid with something like free consoles and some gold points.

If I were microsoft I could have bribed the father and the kid with something like free consoles and some gold points.

Haha. I would be a really happy dad if that was my kid. I could have him study computers at an early age.

Ouch with an "L" indeed. MSFT's got to makeover their security or more kids will crack it with a hammer. And that's next-gen? They better be careful.

Yeah, they could've have. But instead, this comes out. MSFT's already getting their balls kicked down with this. Well, more like just a small kick. But if more stories like this come out, it's a really BIG kick.

Ouch with an "L" indeed. MSFT's got to makeover their security or more kids will crack it with a hammer. And that's next-gen? They better be careful.

Just goes to show: everything ISN'T secure at all. It's still going to have flaws. But I can't believe the flaws are big for MSFT's security to even be cracked.

The kid cracks a multimillion dollar company's security, and all he can think to say to describe this amazing achievement is 'was like yea!' Wow. Just wow.

This is both horrifying and hilarious. Microsoft should totally hire this kid! :D

DUUUUUUUUUDDDDDEEE the only thing I could say is that I wish that was me. Fours free games + $50 + 1 year Xbox live for free. Man he probably doesn't even know what to do with all that. I could use all of those things right now. I am happy for him though. The curiosity of a kid. Wow that story is amazing I got to share that with my friends. lol.

Back