Xbox One 5 year old cracks Microsoft security.

so I'm confused. (I haven't had to move my account to another xbone yet nor do I have child/parent accounts) the password for logging into his dad's account upon log in? cause if that's the case wouldn't that mean that the account would have to be on the xbone already?

If I were microsoft I could have bribed the father and the kid with something like free consoles and some gold points.

They could have done it but well if they did then most hackers would go for this trend and they will get a lot from microsoft.

Hahaha wow. I cannot believe a 5 year old just did that. I remember when I was 5 I didn't even know how to work a computer and this kid is here cracking Microsoft security.

Hahaha wow. I cannot believe a 5 year old just did that. I remember when I was 5 I didn't even know how to work a computer and this kid is here cracking Microsoft security.

That kid has to be a super genius. Whatever the case man that kid is going to be famous.

The kid cracks a multimillion dollar company's security, and all he can think to say to describe this amazing achievement is 'was like yea!' Wow. Just wow.

Damn... multimillion. It hurts to hear that 'cuz yeah, they're one big company. And yet they couldn't even prevent a kid from cracking open security? OUCH.

Damn... multimillion. It hurts to hear that 'cuz yeah, they're one big company. And yet they couldn't even prevent a kid from cracking open security? OUCH.

I know right? MSFT is a multi-million company and yet their security is like nothing more than a piece of junk? Have they no shame?

To be fair the way he went about it was probably something the programmers just didn't consider. It happens sometimes.

DUUUUUUUUUDDDDDEEE the only thing I could say is that I wish that was me. Fours free games + $50 + 1 year Xbox live for free. Man he probably doesn't even know what to do with all that. I could use all of those things right now. I am happy for him though. The curiosity of a kid. Wow that story is amazing I got to share that with my friends. lol.

To be honest i think he should have gotten more.

Do you realize what kind of havoc the kid would have started if he released that kind of hack in a warez type forum? It would have turned Xbox Live into a war zone. Everyone would have been getting hacked. Simply because all you would need is someone else user name.

Microsoft could have lost millions. They could have gave the kid more than 4 games.

Wow, this is embarrassing for a big company like Microsoft.

Do you realize what kind of havoc the kid would have started if he released that kind of hack in a warez type forum? It would have turned Xbox Live into a war zone. Everyone would have been getting hacked. Simply because all you would need is someone else user name.

Microsoft could have lost millions. They could have gave the kid more than 4 games.

Now when you out it that way I think he should have gotten a lot more for real because if anyone else had found out about this and the kid wasn't five I believe that Microsoft would have been doomed and as you have said would have stand to lose millions of dollars. So I do agree he should be given a lot more then what he has gotten from them.

As if Live isn't already a war zone.

To be fair the way he went about it was probably something the programmers just didn't consider. It happens sometimes.

But it's a 5 year old kid. But yeah, you're right../.. sometimes. But still, they'd better be sure to strengthen the security this time. If I hear MSFT got cracked by a baby.... that's it, I'm flipping tables like a monkey already.

As if Live isn't already a war zone.

It's not as bad as somebody random person having a key to every bodies account. A real hacker would have never thought to try all dashes as a password because it just seems so stupid. No one would have ever thought a multi billion dollar company company could be that stupid.

The most alarming part is no one got fired! That says even more a Microsoft's incompetence.

Microsoft was very lucky that this was discovered by a kid and not someone with bad intentions.
Microsoft could have had a really significant loss if this started getting shared around before they got aware of it.

But it's a 5 year old kid. But yeah, you're right../.. sometimes. But still, they'd better be sure to strengthen the security this time. If I hear MSFT got cracked by a baby.... that's it, I'm flipping tables like a monkey already.
Well, if you saw what he did, it was just putting spaces in instead of anything. It was a fluke. He wasn't exactly hacking their system or anything. It's more of a social engineering thing than anything.

It's not as bad as somebody random person having a key to every bodies account. A real hacker would have never thought to try all dashes as a password because it just seems so stupid. No one would have ever thought a multi billion dollar company company could be that stupid.

The most alarming part is no one got fired! That says even more a Microsoft's incompetence.

Well, like you said, a real hacker wouldn't have thought to do it. Not because it's so stupid, but it most likely just wouldn't occur to them. Which is the same thing which has happened with the programmers. They just didn't think of the situation, 'Hey what if we just enter dashes instead of everything?' It isn't really incompetence. It's just an oversight in the programming. It happens more often than you would think when you're programming something.

Back