Xbox One 5 year old cracks Microsoft security.

Haha. I know man, I don't know if that was just sheer luck or talent, either way we have to be careful.

Well, sheer luck or not, if a five year old has breached your security then I guess there something wrong going on in the background. Have you changed your password yet? :D

Wow. Well if a five year old can crack the security of a multi-million dollar company, then I guess I have to really change the password of my email account this instant.
LOL. That is true, especially since the heartbleed. You wouldn't want a 5 year old to use your account!

LOL. That is true, especially since the heartbleed. You wouldn't want a 5 year old to use your account!

I know right, I would hate to see emails coming from King stating that I've beaten a certain level in Candy Crush or whether a new episode of Dora the Explorer is airing. LOL

That's hilarious! I mean, it isn't an ordinary kid that we're talking about...it's obviously a very smart kid. It still isn't the most impressive thing to hear, though.

This is the first time a five year old has breached any kind of security. Although it must have been a fluke, it is a good chance for Microsoft to get its act together as far as security goes. Imagine if adults had made a concerted plan to breach security - that would have caused much more damage.

Exactly! A child doing it isn't probably going to cause much harm, unless the parents want to get something to gain out of it. But, now that people see that a five year old can do it, more experienced people will definitely be trying their own hand at it.

You are missing the point.

It is not about Microsoft's Security be cracked, it is about how, and who did it. All dashes as a password bypass? They cannot justify that to me in any way. That is pure incompetence. Microsoft security was so was easy to break that a 5 year old could do it.

That is all that needs to be said.

Well as I said, it's not about who did it, it's the fact that it's just something that most people wouldn't think of protecting against.

I honestly found this amazing!
Its a good thing Microsoft got it fixed and even gave the kid something for his troubles and for helping them fix the problem which could be a huge issue for the Xbox.

I think the problem lies in the fact that companies underestimate simple flaws. I mean, who would have thought that entering spaces into the "lost password" stuff, or whatever he did, would make them access the account? It's like the simplest thing in the world. I'ts comparable to "entering the password 123 logs you into any account". I mean seriously, who would have thoguht that such an easy so called hack would even be possible?

I was quite surprised that a 5 year old could do anything though. I mean... He must have been playing on that thing for quite some time to know how to use it!

I think the problem lies in the fact that companies underestimate simple flaws. I mean, who would have thought that entering spaces into the "lost password" stuff, or whatever he did, would make them access the account? It's like the simplest thing in the world. I'ts comparable to "entering the password 123 logs you into any account". I mean seriously, who would have thoguht that such an easy so called hack would even be possible?

I was quite surprised that a 5 year old could do anything though. I mean... He must have been playing on that thing for quite some time to know how to use it!

Precisely. No one thinks of such simple things because, well, why would you ever even consider it? When you're looking for possible security breaches, you're thinking about the really high end stuff. You're jumping through hoops trying to think like the hacker, and you don't think of the simplest little things because who ever does?

Exactly, the kid should have held out for more games! Amazing and precocious child to be able to do what they did.

Lol, this story is incredible and almost unbelievable. I would have been pissed at Microsoft if all they gave me was a couple of games and a year subscription to Xbox live after discovering a major security flaw such as this one. I am actually amazed that a security flaw such as this one could even exist. What the hell was Microsoft doing when they let this one just slip by.

Lol, this story is incredible and almost unbelievable. I would have been pissed at Microsoft if all they gave me was a couple of games and a year subscription to Xbox live after discovering a major security flaw such as this one. I am actually amazed that a security flaw such as this one could even exist. What the hell was Microsoft doing when they let this one just slip by.

I agree and honestly I think that they would have had to give me some kind of money because they can do it i mean they are a big time corporation that has the money to do so. I guess they did it because of his age I guess.

Back