Xbox One Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag announced!

The trailer is really awesome! Makes me go arghhh shiver me timbers :)) ! It has a Pirates of the Caribbean feel to the game and that's pretty cool!

After getting so hyped for three and being a little disappointed, I was really hoping ubi would wait until they released another game for the series. (But I absolutely assumed they wouldn't because they came out with an 'Assassin's Creed' game a year since release(or since 2 if you aren't counting the spin-offs)) Despite that, I can't help that this is really my favorite ongoing series of games so I'm going to over-hype this game until I get disappointed because it couldn't live up to my expectations. Or, get a very pleasant surprise because it actually does (and I really hope it actually does) :).

*Edit*
Wow, couldn't help but smile in awe through the entire trailer. Now I really want to play!

Last edited:
Who doesn't love pirates? The idea of boarding ships with Assassin's creed gameplay is making me salivate a bit. Any news on whether this will be 360 or 720?

I really loved the first two Assassins Creeds but after that the series has really hit a dry spot when it comes to innovation. Hopefully this new installment can inject some variety into gameplay, otherwise I don't think I'm going to be shelling out 60 bucks for it.

I really like the Assassin's Creed series but they're putting out games WAY to fast if you ask me. A bit to fast to bring any real big innovation, I think. It all kinda makes me wonder if I'm going to lay down the 50 or 60 bucks for the game this time. The previous games haven't really let me down (except for Revelations), but I guess we'll just have to wait it out, who knows maybe they just got quality workers at Ubisoft.

When I first saw the release, I was a bit disappointed. I've played through every game, some more than others, and I feel like Ubisoft is starting to stray away from what made the first AC games so great. But I recollected about it over the past few days, watched the trailer again and am starting to get excited for it. After playing AC3 some more, I feel like they are definitely going in the right direction when it comes to sea combat, everything I've seen in the trailer on the sea combat seems to be so freaking awesome that I get a little giddy thinking about it. In fact, after watching the trailer and going back to AC3, I really wanted to jump off my ship and go assassinate the captain on one of the British ships during the Yorktown mission. Also the whole "exploration" part of the trailer really intrigues me. What I loved in AC1 was that you were able to go into the outskirts of the three cities and kind of explore the countryside, looking for flags and Templar knights. Of course that gets stale after one time, but I still remember the days of my first experience of the countryside in AC1, which may contribute to the fact that I've bought every game since.

But I'm still remaining skeptical, Ubisoft seems to be a little cash hungry on the AC series.

Back