Bring Back our Gamertags

Do you like the new Gamertags

• It’s okay but need more than 12 letters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12 or less we can all share the same tag

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Illegalinternet

I do not like the new update. We can only have up to 12 letters now in our gamertag. Supposedly to give us more options on names we can choose from. Unfortunately this is not true. Adding a number to a name has been done since Xbox was created. For those who were not creative enough to come up with a name of their own. A12 letter tag cuts down our tag options by more than half. If I wanted a number to my name I’d add it. I thought long for my unique tag and now Live is giving the option to copy one another’s tags just add a number to it?! It’s ridiculous do we really need clutchgamer#100000000 on our friends list? I’ve had my tag for around 15 years let my niece use my Xbox she accidentally changed my gamertag with my name change I didn’t even know I still had. I got my xb one back paid to change my name back and the alert came up saying 12 letters and under. My current name is well over that. I just want my original name back and would pay extra. I spent so much over the years I should be grandfathered in. Most importantly Xbox should always inform us of the changes that they are doing to Xbox live account’s BEFORE doing it especially if it AFFECTS OUR accounts! You have each and every single one of our emails and accounts information it’s not hard at all to keep us informed the same way ya keep payments information active and up to date! Please please please revert back to the old letter allotment or just remove the new tag update all together it was unnecessary. I’m currently stuck with “x SpookyBaby x” barf

Back