Xbox 360 Do u use your 360 for anything other then gaming?

Shana

I never use my 360 for anything other then gaming. I never watch movies in it, I don't have netflix on it. I don't know why not either, but I have other devices for those things. What about everyone else? Do you use your 360 for more than gaming?

The other day I actually used it to watch a DVD I got from Redbox... it was super weird, but also rather impressive. I mean it worked out really well - so much so I wonder why I'd never thought to do so before, and then I remembered I buy consoles for game playing rather than anything else.

I use my PS3 for movies all of the time, but I use my 360 for Netflix like crazy. I also rent movies from XboxVideo, well, before I started using Redbox anyways. My hubby uses it for sports. I think I'll be getting Amazon Prime soon, and I plan on using it for that as well.

I use my 360 for movies all the time. It is just a lot more convenient than having a DVD player taking up more space on my entertainment stand. I also use to play music, but that is normally when I am playing a game as well.

I use to use my Xbox 360 to play movies and dvds all the time. Now a days I use it mainly for gaming. Although there are times when I have used my Xbox 360 for Netflix purposes. It is a great console for your Netflix purposes.

Apart from gaming, I use my Xbox for watching DVDs and Netflix. It's great just watching on my 50 inch TV rather than being limited to a small computer screen. I don't know where else to watch Netflix.

I do not use my 360 for anything but gaming. I buy these consoles to game. I have other devices to surf the web on, to watch tv and play dvd's with etc. I understand that the xbox is the only dvd player for some people and it's the only way that they can watch dvd's. I might be one of the few people that only uses the One to merely play games just like I do with the 360.

I do not use my 360 for anything but gaming. I buy these consoles to game. I have other devices to surf the web on, to watch tv and play dvd's with etc. I understand that the xbox is the only dvd player for some people and it's the only way that they can watch dvd's. I might be one of the few people that only uses the One to merely play games just like I do with the 360.

What about music? I sometimes cue up a nice playlist for when I'm gaming especially for something like C.O.D. or sports. I just prefer it.

Streaming movies and TV shows from my NAS. Works well and my TV shelf doesn't get cluttered. Its a WIN WIN.

Streaming videos and movies mostly. I also use the DVD player and stuff for it. It's just so much easier to watch videos on the Xbox than buying a separate DVD player.

I use my phone for music... I have all these nice devices to hook it up to and make it sound amazing so I feel I should use them. I use my PS3 for movies, but that's because I refuse to buy anything but blue rays now and the 360 won't play them! I bought it for gaming so that's my thing, I really should explore amazon prime on it though like someone said!

Definitely. I use it for gaming, netflix, music (iheartradio, pandora, last.fm), youtube, DVD's, Amazon Prime, streaming videos/music from my home server, Kinect video chat with family, etc.

The Xbox 360 is the only media device attached to my TV. For next gen my Wife and I are going 100% digital, so we will be burning all our DVD's to our home server and stream them to the Xbox One, we already have about 80% of our music converted to digital.

mostly yes.. my 360 has become.

time warner cable app
netflix
amazon prime

i game on it every so often. usually those free games live is giving away. pretty much abandoned gamming on it past a few cod or boarderlands2 play hear and their. im sitting back for my xbox one.

I don't just use my Xbox 360 for gaming, I play movies on it all the time and I used to have Netflix but I canceled my subscription.

I watch Netflix occasionally. I don't even know why I have a subscription, I barely watch any TV shows, and the ones I do are pretty much all on my computer already. It's handy to find new things though.

This sort of coincides with another post I made in this sub forum (What do you use your 360 for, that nobody really talks about.). I use my Xbox 360 mostly as a Netflix device to have on in the background while I work from my office at home. I am really trying to explore the marketplace and different applications so that I can make sure to really customize and fulfill my experience on the system. I just downloaded the Crackle app and I already saw that it has a few good movies on it, so we'll see where that goes. I also have the ESPN app which is really useful because I don't have cable or ESPN in my home. I rely on that for the majority of my sports news and the streaming option for some of the college games is pretty cool.

Yes i watch Netflix on mine but i don't listen to music on mine though.

I would use it for Netflix but for some reason I just don't. Other than that I have no interest in its other capabilities. All the current consoles are fighting to be the next huge entertainment hubs, but I've always used my consoles exclusively for gaming. Netflix would be an exception I'd be willing to make.

My PC is sitting pretty much next to my 360, in the same room, plugged to the same TV. I have literally no reason to use the 360 for anything other than for games and whatever few exclusive functions it has since my PC can do much more and better.

Back