Xbox 360 Do u use your 360 for anything other then gaming?

I don't have a Netflix subscription so I don't watch Netflix but I do use it to watch movies. If we have a DVD, we pop it into the Xbox rather than the DVD Player.

I occasionally use the 360 as a DVD player. I've started using my Wii (soft modded) as a DVD player and for Netflix on another TV and PS3 and Wii U on other TVs. I just play games on 360 now.

I now use my 360 to watch movies I buy through YouTube. The YT app on Xbox one won't let me open up purchases so I use the 360.

I noticed that last week. It's not something that is put out there really, but you can buy a few movies on YouTube.

Yeah I've noticed you can pick up movies on Youtube, but it's not something I do or anything. I want to say you can pick up seasons of TV shows as well.

I'll have to take a closer look at that because I usually just go for my videos and not pay attention to purchasable movies. I know they're there, but that there might be TV shows...that piqued my interest a bit.

I checked it out earlier, it's not something you should go out of your way to investigate really.

I saw episodes (and full seasons) of some shows on YouTube and I was tempted to buy a few, but you know...Netflix.

I was considering getting Samurai Cop off YouTube since I can't find it anywhere else. It was just $1.99, but ended up getting it from Amazon for free with a gift card (it was $1.99 there as well).

You did the right thing, Samurai Cop is awesome and it's just $2 but if Amazon had it and you had a gift card go that route. Why doesn't YouTube have a store easily labeled for stuff you can buy? You just kind of happen upon something that is purchasable.

I use it for watch videos now because it's hooked up to the tv now and I am too lazy to hook up the HDMI cable for my laptop. I think it's just a habit now but like I think ill put it away soon cause I got the XBox one now.

I used my xbox 360 for solely gaming, but only until recently did I start using it as my backup movie player whenever my DVD players were occupied by other people in my household :)

Now at you out it that way int don't think that I use my xbox 360 for anything other than playing video games on. I use my PS3 more to watch movies on netflix I don't really use my xbox for that because I use for gaming most of the time. I love watching movies no the PS3 though I think it is just better to do it on the PS3 than on the xbox.

Every now and then I'll use it to play some videos off of my hard drive, but other than that, not really I'm afraid, no.

I mainly using my Xbox for gaming, but I like to be in a party with my friends so we can all chat and have fun, even if we're not playing a game at the time. I sometimes use my Xbox for Netflix or watching movies, but my setup is mainly for gaming since I have a 'movie-watching' TV in the family room.

Back