Do you like playing as Riley the dog?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by jstep, Nov 27, 2013.

1. jstep

jstep Super Moderator

The D
    Clan:
    HBC
    ...or do you think having Riley as a playable character is really dumb? I'm thinking that I like it. It's a nice little deviation from the standard shooting. I think they integrated it really well into the campaign and I'm having a blast hitting X (to make him bark) and driving my dog nuts :D

2. Holopoint

Holopoint New Member

Personally, I found it kind of boring and acted more as a cheap gimmick to further show off their "innovative" game play, when really it's just the same as using the Drone or the Automated Turret in Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2. Plus, I couldn't stand how wobbiy the camera was. Almost gave me motion sickness a few times.

3. Canon

Canon New Member

I agree with Holopoint. It's funny and neat, but playing as Riley is really just a gimmick that loses it's luster pretty fast. I played it for about two hours and that was enough for me.

4. EMS_Johnny

EMS_Johnny New Member

Staten Island, NY
    I could do without those gameplay segments. The kill animation gets gets stale, seeing the same sequence every time you take out an enemy.

5. rkkeller

rkkeller Old School casual player.

NJ
    As someone that has 5 dogs, I like it. :)

The majority of time, he is auto controlled, so its not like he is a big part of the game. The couple segments I have come
    across have been fine, a change from just aiming and shooting.

6. GetFresh

GetFresh New Member

I agree as well. It's always nice to deviate from the usual soldier with a gun to other fun options such as driving a helicopter and controlling Riley. I had a fun time controlling Riley and even got the achievement for it. It keeps the campaign from getting boring.