Xbox One Do you like playing as Riley the dog?

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
...or do you think having Riley as a playable character is really dumb? I'm thinking that I like it. It's a nice little deviation from the standard shooting. I think they integrated it really well into the campaign and I'm having a blast hitting X (to make him bark) and driving my dog nuts :D

Personally, I found it kind of boring and acted more as a cheap gimmick to further show off their "innovative" game play, when really it's just the same as using the Drone or the Automated Turret in Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2. Plus, I couldn't stand how wobbiy the camera was. Almost gave me motion sickness a few times.

I agree with Holopoint. It's funny and neat, but playing as Riley is really just a gimmick that loses it's luster pretty fast. I played it for about two hours and that was enough for me.

I could do without those gameplay segments. The kill animation gets gets stale, seeing the same sequence every time you take out an enemy.

As someone that has 5 dogs, I like it. :)

The majority of time, he is auto controlled, so its not like he is a big part of the game. The couple segments I have come
across have been fine, a change from just aiming and shooting.

I agree as well. It's always nice to deviate from the usual soldier with a gun to other fun options such as driving a helicopter and controlling Riley. I had a fun time controlling Riley and even got the achievement for it. It keeps the campaign from getting boring.

Back