Xbox One Do you think Infinity Ward can beat COD4?

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
Do you think that the new Infinity Ward can compete with the Infinity Ward that created Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare?

As many of you may know, Infinity Ward has had its problems since MW2, which many left the Developer after pay agreements and firings. Which led to the higher ups starting up Respawn Entertainment and have been developing a game under EA.

Do you think they can change the game and bring more excitement to Call of Duty like Call of Duty 4 did?

I hope so. I liked Modern Warfare, it took the Call of Duty series to it's next level.
Modern Warfare 2 hit the sweet spot for it's online play, with plenty of unlockables to keep me coming back. But then it was just more of the same for MW3, and I wasn't too keen on Black Ops either.

Ghosts looks like they've done some considerable work to the series, and incorporated the new engine to make the most of all this new tech. The simple addition of leaning will also change the way the game is played - especially online.
It may bring some tactics into play, and encourage players to take it a little slower (right now, the only choice is to run or jump around the corner, and hope you react before they do).
I lost interest in Call of Duty, even annoyed by the community and lack of new ideas. I hope Ghosts will turn it around - I'll give it a fair chance. :)

I hope so, but I doubt it.

As you mentioned, they've had a rash of problems ever since MW2. They improved on their support of the game for MW3, but I still thought the overall experience was extremely satisfying. I understand that basically the entire company was overhauled during production of MW3 so that might explain why it feels so much like a copy of MW2, but even with that behind them I worry they'll resort to all tactics.

Black Ops 2 brought some new ideas. They might not have pushed those ideas far enough, but they at least made a strong effort to liven up what has become a very tired, predictable franchise. IW needs to build off of that and really bring something new to the table. Personally, I'm tired of buying games that feel like extensions of old games. New maps and new guns aren't going to cut it. I want a new experience.

New maps and new guns aren't going to cut it. I want a new experience.

Exactly this. I think if they work on the stealth component (after all, it's called "Ghosts"), and maybe bring it into the online mode too - they may be on to something.
It depends, Stealth in multiplayer is very hard to get right. It sounds fantastic in concept (using camouflage, technology and skill to slip by human players and get to an objective), but in reality it's very easy to make an unbalanced experience that nobody would play in a month's time.

Well looking back on how the Call of Duty series has been improving the engine during the whole life cycle of the Xbox 360 console. Maybe they pushed the console limits with the engine and the Xbox 360 was holding them back from innovation and improving what made Call of Duty, Call of Duty? I'm excited to see what they create with this new console and how they will take Call of Duty to a new level. I like the fact that they're incorporating stuff that I've been wishing for for years now with the doors, breaching doors and player customization like Rainbow Six Vegas had. Doors and breaching of doors in multiplayer alone, is enough to change up the game in a way. Just hope it becomes more of a objective style, compared to a run n gun style game.

I doubt it, honestly. CoD4 was like... something special, you know? Not just made to milk the cash cow. So I doubt that any new CoD will be able to compete with it, as CoD is now a cash cow and they seem to be more interested in milking it by releasing more of the same, instead of actually trying out new things.

I have no doubt that Call of Duty: Ghosts will be better than COD4. Do you ever go back and play COD4? It seems so outdated now. Really every game in the series has improved on the last entry. COD4 was a big leap forwards, and the other games are all based off of it, but that doesn't mean that the newer games aren't better.

Back