Xbox One EA Sports UFC stars Bruce Lee, fists get furious in June

Bruce Lee is the best martial arts fighter of all time. I don't see why this is a problem that he's int he game. In fact, I think this will get people excited to try and buy the game even more.

I guess they could make him somewhat like a special character. He has after all the capability to beat up any fighter. I remember watching some videos that he has for his practices.

Yup, that's right. He's a bonus, so there's no need to make a fuss about this. Much like what thecreed4life said, he's not the definition. He's just one character. If someone wanted ,they could make a kung-fu game. THAT would be ridiculous. Then again, maybe someone will.

He is more of a movie star than anything. I think this is just a gimmick because there are very few popular UFC fighters. They are adding him to try get some interest from the general public. I do not think it will work though. He would be too one dimensional in the game to compete with most fighters.

I am not against the idea. I just don't think it makes much sense.
Bruce Lee is a martial artist first and foremost. He was a movie star second.

Thank you! Just because he was a movie star doesn't mean he wasn't completely dedicated to his martial arts. I mean the dude "invented" his own style and it's because of him that Chinese martial arts were made out to be seen in a positive light in the west and in doing so changed the landscape for both western and Chinese martial arts.

Also I'm not sure how much of this generation even knowns who bruce lee is. I mean he hasn't really been in the spot light for a while.

That's right. The fact that he was taught martial arts by the legendary Ip man makes him a prominent figure when it comes to kung fu in general.

Thank you! Just because he was a movie star doesn't mean he wasn't completely dedicated to his martial arts. I mean the dude "invented" his own style and it's because of him that Chinese martial arts were made out to be seen in a positive light in the west and in doing so changed the landscape for both western and Chinese martial arts.

Also I'm not sure how much of this generation even knowns who bruce lee is. I mean he hasn't really been in the spot light for a while.

Probably because of the trend. Well it's because of all the new action stars that came out.

Yup, I hear ya. Yes, he did in fact invent his own style. I think in his days, the "purists" of martial arts didn't even like Bruce Lee to show the world their style. That's why Lee just went on and made a style that would be suitable in his case and in the movies. Now, there's a lot of kung fu movies, even in movie channels.

Honestly, every generation should know how cool Bruce Lee was. The very name should illicit cheers, and a '**** yeah Bruce Lee!' from anyone. Adding Bruce to anything instantly makes it cooler.

Honestly, every generation should know how cool Bruce Lee was. The very name should illicit cheers, and a '**** yeah Bruce Lee!' from anyone. Adding Bruce to anything instantly makes it cooler.

Yup. Exactly. And c'mon, if Bruce Lee's in the game, then we know he was permitted to be in the game. And he's a bonus! No need to be concerned. But if he starts getting used in the online battles for trolling... well, that's another story.

Yup. Exactly. And c'mon, if Bruce Lee's in the game, then we know he was permitted to be in the game. And he's a bonus! No need to be concerned. But if he starts getting used in the online battles for trolling... well, that's another story.

You just know he'll be used in online battles for trolling though. But who cares? Can you imagine being trolled by Bruce Lee?

Dana White listed him as the most important martial artist and the father (or grandfather, I forget) of MMA which is the main reason why he's in. If it were going by actual merit Bruce Lee, Helio Gracie, Mitsuyo Maeda, Masahiko Kimura, Satoru Sayama, and Antonio Inoki would be in the game. Helio Gracie was doing open challenge vale tudo fights and Maeda and Kimura were doing mixed fights as well--most were grappling styles vs. grappling styles. Inoki presented proto-MMA on a national scale in Japan. While Inoki's fights were mostly worked, he presented the closest thing to modern MMA prior to UWF-i being formed. Lee had sparring matches and had written about cross training in styles, but as MMA the sport is concerned I would've leaned more towards South American vale tudo pioneers and the Japanese shoot style pioneers.

I agree with those figures being in the UFC game (especially Inoki, Sayama, and Gracie). I think a more accurate way to do it would be to have a mode where you go through the primordial days of MMA when it mixed fights then to the early UFC where it was more this style vs. this style into the current melting pot/most people are training in BJJ era.

I would LOVE that mode. I was writing up something similar to suggest EA Game Changers for Fight Night where there's a Camp Management mode where you play starting in the late 60s-early 70s so that it would make sense to have the legends in the game if they're there during their active decades. Basically you can scout gyms, amateur tournaments (there should be more tournaments in Fight Night) or the Fight Night cards/PPVs and pull fighters to manage their careers.

Dana White listed him as the most important martial artist and the father (or grandfather, I forget) of MMA which is the main reason why he's in. If it were going by actual merit Bruce Lee, Helio Gracie, Mitsuyo Maeda, Masahiko Kimura, Satoru Sayama, and Antonio Inoki would be in the game. Helio Gracie was doing open challenge vale tudo fights and Maeda and Kimura were doing mixed fights as well--most were grappling styles vs. grappling styles. Inoki presented proto-MMA on a national scale in Japan. While Inoki's fights were mostly worked, he presented the closest thing to modern MMA prior to UWF-i being formed. Lee had sparring matches and had written about cross training in styles, but as MMA the sport is concerned I would've leaned more towards South American vale tudo pioneers and the Japanese shoot style pioneers.

Yo! that's something that I would want to have on this game. Especially adding Bruce Lee. Man this game is going to be awesome with him.

The only potential problem I have with Bruce Lee being in the game, is that he is almost too legendary. To do his legacy justice, I don't see how he will not be OP. I won't go as far to say that he originated mixed martial arts, but he definitely was the first one to bring it to the forefront. Everyone knows about his insane conditioning, and extremely high level of skill. If this version of him lives up to his real life legend, he will be go tier for sure. I can see him being banned from tournaments already.

I am super keen to play with Bruce Lee! I think it is great that his estate are allowing him in the game. I watched the interview and they seemed really excited - and so am I!

It seems really odd to put him in the game alongside so many MMA legends. I'm excited they put Forrest Griffin in this game, but I'm not real sure how to feel about Bruce Lee. The man is a legend, but does that mean he needs to be put in every fighting game ever created?

Back