Xbox One Exoskeletons

andrew172

Call of Duty seems to be making a big song and dance about the addition of exoskeletons being added to the game. But do you guys really think they'll make much difference? I can't see them changing the gameplay mechanic that much other than maybe being able to grab things to make shield that you would otherwise be unable to. eg car doors.

Yeah, it's not really a big addition as they are making it, but that's called advertising. You can't blame them for trying to hype the game up.

I just really hope they dont ruin the game and make it overpowered when it comes to the online!
they really need to try and make sure it is balanced and makes it still fun to play online!

Yeah, it's not really a big addition as they are making it, but that's called advertising. You can't blame them for trying to hype the game up.

No, you can't, but hyping games up can be a very dangerous thing for a title. Just look at the disaster that was "haze". The fact that they're putting so much emphasis on lackluster features implies there's little else of value in other parts of the game

Doesn't it allow you to jump higher in-game? So you'd get a much more vertical multiplayer experience, like a lesser Titanfall. You could add some nice melee animations and effects with the exoskeleton. Grabbing cover and making random objects into cover is decently clever. There's a lot they could do, but I think Sledgehammer is going to be a little reserved with the game, which will take away from its potential.

It seems like an interesting idea. It's probably going to be really refreshing considering that the series has seemed pretty starved for ideas for a loooong time. Like someone else said I hope it doesn't just straight up ruin the game and turn it into Crysis. Not that I don't like Crysis, but that game already exists.

Depends on how they're implemented really, doesn't it? I mean, this could end up being a whole new style of play. If someone is in an exoskeleton, maybe they're harder to take down. Maybe they're more of a terminator style of thing rather than just a normal soldier, you know?

Everyone in multiplayer is equipped with the exoskeleton as far as I know. I would love a game mode where someone is literally a terminator-like player that everyone else has to kill. That's like the juggernaut from previous games, but it would be pretty amusing nonetheless. The exoskeleton has the potential to change in-game mechanics in incredible ways, but we'll see what Sledgehammer actually does with it.

They have to add more and more into every installation to their oh-so popular series. There's not much else you can do with 1900's technology and even modern technology - so they had to do something futuristic. I've been playing Advanced Warfare for a while and I've thoroughly enjoyed what Call of Duty's depiction of futuristic warfare is. Black Ops III, although it may seem the same, has also offered more, removing the exoskeleton type suits in exchange for implants.

This proves that they are trying new concepts and ideas. You can't hate on them for not having a world war two game because it's hard to play that out properly, especially with multiplayer and DLCs.

Back