Xbox One Far Cry 4 Set in Himalayas With Rideable Elephants

Mexico during the drug war or South America. While I don't agree with Assassin's Creed in the Amazon, Far Cry in the Amazon would work.

OMG!! Far cry 4 looks incredible!! I didn't even know they where making one so soon but I am glad. Undoubtedly, the graphics won't look anything like the screenshots though, like always. I will be keeping my eye out for this one as I have been play Far Cry since it was first released and have loved every single game in the franchise.

Being a FPS it's going to be kind of repetitive fast, but the main thing it has going for it over other FPS is the environment. While you can go straight through and just do the story missions and call it a weekend, Far Cry 3 being open world and give you the choice to do more than "reach this check point", "get from this end of the map to other", "kill all these targets", and deal with the corridor-room-corridor gameplay of some titles. Far Cry as a whole is known for being repetitive though.

People were excited about FC2 when it was released because it was something new, but then its flaws leaped forth (repetitive missions, safe houses being a good drive from the mission location, the mission location always being on the opposite side of the map [good thing for the buses though!], and malaria hitting at the worst possible moment)

Yeah, I do love the environment on the Far Cry games, I remember spending hours roaming around the island just doing random stuff. I've never played Far Cry 2 before, but I heard a lot about how repetitive the game gets. I do hope Far Cry 4 offers a bit more variety and more awesome characters like Vaas, love that crazy guy.

I get your point. I guess there were times it was repetitive. After capturing the nth communications tower... yeah, it did. But it was still a good game, nevertheless. Now that Mt. Everest,,, me want to climb!

I know man! Those communication towers are just way way out of hand. Yeah, the game was good, the graphics we're awesome and the characters are really fun. If Far Cry 4 doesn't have a "Climb the top of Everest" mission I would be so disappointed.

Really? For me this is the best game ever (for FPS that is). But I would dig climbing Mount Everest too.

Yeah, it's one of the best FPS out there, but it gets kind of repetitive, but it's a shooter so there's really not much we can do about that. I do hope they include climbing Mount Everest in the missions.

Yeah, finally they have revealed some footage from the game. I gotta say, I am already liking the viillian here more than the protagonist. There is something so calm about him like Vaas was.

I image sc_shark standing in the middle of a room asking people to take it with a grain of rice, but everyone is handing off stuff about Far Cry 4.

Ride able elephants is not something to take with a grain of salt. The hype cannot be contained

Saw the elephant riding gameplay and it looks amazing! It's gonna be a fun experience to ride an elephant and blast helicopters out of the air ;)
In a way it reminds me of the old Metal Slug games where you were riding a weaponized mammoth and blasting enemies like a champ.

If anyone wants some more gameplay footage, there are tons of them released yesterday. Just go on over to YouTube and find all the yesterday's video. Enjoy!

ride-able elephants isn't really a hugely big deal for me. However I am looking forward to a bigger map and more factions... and presumably more weapons/ deeper story as a result.

The game just looks so beautiful!
Hope it plays as good as it looks!
I loved far cry 3 because the story was so good and i've got a lot of hope for this game!

Far Cry 3 was great, definitely one of the beat games I've ever played so I'm super pumped to play this one too, because I'm expecting an even better game!

Ride able elephants is not something to take with a grain of salt. The hype cannot be contained

You seem very excited about ride-able elephants? xD
I'm excited to- I'd like to see some kind of elephant jousting multiplayer scenarios going on.

You seem very excited about ride-able elephants? xD
I'm excited to- I'd like to see some kind of elephant jousting multiplayer scenarios going on.
I don't think you understand just how cool being able to ride an elephant into battle would be.

You're a mini Hannibal!

The Graphics look awesome, any rideable vehicular, and travel type deal is a plus in my book... so I think thats a good idea...

The game does indeed look pretty good, and who has actually ridden an elephant before in a video game? If you have, then shut up. It'll be even better in Far Cry 4. I like the location and setting of the game, and I'm excited to see what the developer is going to do with such a setting. I have no doubt this game will surpass Far Cry 3 in MOST aspects, and it could be a great game for Xbox One. It better be a great game for the Xbox One....!

Back