Xbox One Ghosts now stealing from bf4?

I have a theory.
I think that since COD has been coming out yearly since 2007 that the skill level involved in COD has created a barrier in the gaming community. It's much easier to say COD sucks than to say that COD has become too challenging. This IS evident in the fact that I've found that after taking a month off from playing COD that I literally couldn't go positive when I finally returned. This fact combined with quickscoping, dropshotting, spawn trapping, and high, overwhelming killstreaks (all of which require a level of "try hard") makes COD an unattractive game to those that just aren't invested enough.

I think I've cracked it.
Thoughts?

That sounds good, but honestly I feel like it's right there with how people treat jocks. Folks who enjoy sports i.e. those who just want a good FPS experience love C.O.D. and those who play it. However, those who don't really enjoy sports or who aren't too good at sports tend to treat jocks like they're all Neanderthals. Does that sound about right? It's bizarre because I'm neither a sports nor a FPS type of person, but I have never seen the point of dogging either those fields or those who play in them. If you don't like it then you should ignore it. Sadly people have this insatiable need to get off of bagging on the pleasures/interests of others.

The thing is IMO about certain games like COD is, they can't be changed a real lot or that would throw off all the old school loyal players that buy COD for being COD.

People buy COD as its COD and what they enjoy and are used to. I want to pickup Ghosts and be able to play like I used to, know how to do things like I used to and just pop in the disk and it be COD like I know with enhanced graphics and maybe a few more features. I don't want COD to become BF or Titalfall.

Wasnt Red Faction 1 the first to introduce destructable environment?

I can't say if it was the first Red Faction, but it definitely was a Red Faction game that premiered the whole destructible environment. So honestly this isn't anything very new.

I can't say if it was the first Red Faction, but it definitely was a Red Faction game that premiered the whole destructible environment. So honestly this isn't anything very new.

It's was Red Faction 2

It's was Red Faction 2

It was the first Red Faction. Red Faction 2 offered little to no level destruction, in terms of the campaign and the Multiplayer. In the first Red Faction, you could burrow into parts of other levels which was absolutely amazing at the time. Slap in a game shark, give yourself god mode and infinite ammo, rocket launcher, and you're on your way. Spent so many hours just digging giant holes in the maps to see where they lead and if it was possible to skip entire portions of the level by doing just that. Which is totally is, by the way.

To get back on topic, as others have stated, Ghosts isn't really "Stealing" anything from Battlefield 4. To be fair, a lot of other games offer up destruction to an extent, and it changes the way the game is played. As already mentioned, Red Faction is a good example. If anything, one could say Battlefield 3/4 "Stole" the destruction idea from Red Faction: Guerrilla since you could take down entire structures in that game. Completely destroying towers that offer sniper support, destroying giant bridges that made it so you could only cross if you had the jet pack, so on.

Both games are UTILIZING ideas that others have done before them, and just trying to make them a little more unique/personal. Battlefield 4 uses it as a set piece, which makes players go "Ooooh, Awww", while Ghosts uses it to create new cover and open up different routes in a rather small game. So, simply put, no, Ghosts is not stealing anything from Battlefield 4.

Back