Xbox One HELP!

Alex Smeath-Garrett

So let me start from the beginning.
I have an Xbox one original and I wanted to do some customisation so I cut half the top case off to expose my fan and hard drive. I then wanted to put some rgb leds in there so I jammed a positive and negative wire into the fan plug so that I could run my leds off those. I then had a problem with my controller connecting to my Xbox so I unplugged one of the leds to see if the IR receiver on those to see if that was the interference. I didn’t pull the wires out of the fan plug but just put the end of the leds so it wouldn’t touch each other or anything else. Or so I thought. When I turned it on it made the tiniest pop (honestly the sound of a pin drop would of been louder). I’ve now taken the console apart and taken the leds off, taken the power pack apart and cleaned to no avail. The fan on the power pack is spinning but the one on the Xbox is not. I can not see any visible signs of anything popping but any input or information on anything would be amazing. I’m not the most experienced person with this stuff but I do know a thing or two (debatable).

Back