Xbox 360 How long do you think retail stores will continue to sell XBox 360s?

Yeah they'll end up sitting on the shelves for a bit, they might just kill the number of units sitting out just to let people know they have them, but most of that space will be taken up by the Xbox One.

Well you have to sit a few out there to test the waters and see anyone is interested in the 360 still.

It never hurts to put four or five on the shelf and see how frequently they get scooped up. You do that with just about anything if you're running a small store.

No idea about the xbox, but seeing how long sony had support for the PS2, one thing I know for sure is that the PS3 will last for a long time.

They'll keep PS3 going for awhile to try to get the money it should've been making on the consoles early on, I believe.

It will probably stay on the shelves for a very long time. Given the shelf life of its predecessors, the 360 will probably stick around until the next generation is announced. Or maybe Valve's console will push older generations too far from economic viability.

In my little retail shop that I usually visit up my street, they still sell the xbox 1 which no literally touches. So I've got a feeling xbox 360 will be there for some time.

It will probably stay on the shelves for a very long time. Given the shelf life of its predecessors, the 360 will probably stick around until the next generation is announced. Or maybe Valve's console will push older generations too far from economic viability.

See I can see the Xbox 360 sticking around, the OG Xbox was gone from shelves here pretty quickly. You could probably ask for one, but they're not on display at all.

I don't see original Xboxes on the shelves at GameStop. I might ask out of curiosity. 360 will be out there on display for awhile though.

Last time I dropped by GameStop in early 2013 they had some Xboxes in the back and there were still some notable Xbox games out so I can see X360 being around for awhile.

I think they'll continue to sell for about a half a year. Otherwise I'm not sure and I hope they don't stop selling them soon.

I think the Xbox 360 will have more sustainability for a few more years. It’s not like the case with Nintendo where if they launch a new console, that they’ll immediately stop current production of previous console games to a halt. And considering how there’s a plethora of 360s sold on sites like eBay, stores may do trade-ins, which adds on to the longevity of the console.

And it’ll be a while before servers aren’t as “devoted” for multiplayer as well, since games last much longer solely because of that. If anything, the price will become cheaper so more youngsters can play older games. It saves the parents a lot of cash for their kids that would be content with any kind of video game. Even though sales with Xbox 1 is going good so far, it’s not enough to have retail stores like Walmart for instance to suddenly strip 360 away when I’m sure they have an overstock in general.

I think this is an interesting in the Xbox's case, because the Xbox was the first of that generation to be discontinued from Gamestop, and seemed like it was the least popular of the big 3. Gamestop has already phased out Wii games, I can't wait till Xbox and PS3 games are going to be on BOGO sales that Gamestop has done for the past consoles. I imagine it could be sometime in 2015, this year seems to early.

This is why I always buy the physical disc unless I’m getting a game for free via PS Plus or some other promotion. 30 years from now, if my PS3/360 HDDs have croaked, there will be no way to recover the data and make the games playable again. By having the discs, I know that as long as I have a working console, I’ll still be able to play.

I think the 360 and PS3 will be sold for a few more years... probably three or four... maybe five more years.
Both consoles still make a lot of money and since the Xbox One (as far as i know) isn't backwards compatible, the 360 will continue to make money.
I think they will slowly ween off games that come out for the 360 though... Push people to buy the Xbox One because of the exclusives.

Now that the 8th generation consoles have released, they have to sell out all the unsold stock of the 7th generation consoles. I think the stores might sell them anywhere between 6 months to 1 year. Expect some great offers on the last-gen consoles. I believe that the consoles might continue selling till the 'next-gen' picks up and has more games in its library.

I think that the Xbox 360 and the PS3 have a very long time before they will stop selling in the retail stores. Right now although we have the Next gen consoles I still think that a lot of people prefer to game on there 360 then on the Xbox one. The 360 I must say is a top notch console in my eyes and right now I think that the Xbox one has a long way to go before they can convince me before I can really put down my Xbox 360.

Back