How many years have you had Xbox Live for?

I have had XBL for 8 years now. Never had any problems :)

I usually buy Xbox Live Gold for 3 month periods. I can't be playing regularly all year long, so I rationalize my subscription.
Right now I've got Gold until May, and I'll only renew it again in October maybe.

I have had xbox live since the original big black 360. That is around 8 or 9 years for me. I would not say it has been for a straight 8-9 years, as I frequently get mad at the prices and stop playing for a month or so; but I also come back :(

I've had xbox live since the 2 yeares after Xbox 360 came out, thats like 6 years ago? Now that I think about it that's a lot of time! My first game that I player on Xbox live was Halo 3, I can say I had a lot of fun and met some amazing people really fast. Really good times.

I've had my Xbox Live account for 5 years now. It definitely makes the experience a lot better. Alas, I don't think I will be returning for a sixth year.

I'v only had my Xbox live account for 1 consecutive year. I never really found it necessary because i enjoy playing campaign games over online games. I would never pay to play online games, therefore when i want to play multiplayer games i switch to my PC :D

I've had xbox live for about three years now. Wasn't allowed to have a xbox growing up so i just stuck to gaming on PC.

I had it for the 1st XBOX. Man those were great days. It was just after xmas so all the games were FULL of newbs. FULL of them. So maybe of the players were kids. The headset was brand new and nothing better then spamming some of those kids. I got this one kid to tell his Mom and his Mom got on the mic to scold us for swearing. His MOM sounded hot as hell. That was a funny time. Good times.

For over 3 years now.

Im not sure what happened, but i just bought a monthly card now all of a sudden it's free.

They never told me that my account is invalid it just kept giving me free months, haha.

Had it for 7 years, will probably have it for another 7 haha...unless the world ends somehow.

It's just so fun to play online.

I'm surprised this thread survived for 4 months. Didn't expect all these answers, interesting...

I have a little bit more to add on: My brother, like me, is also about to enter his fourth year of Xbox Live membership. In my opinion the perks over PlayStation Network makes the yearly payment well worth it.

I have had XBL since Halo 2 days. I have not had it active the entire time, but that is when I originally signed up for it. I go off and on online spurts. I typically renew it every year and maybe play four months out of the year. So, Microsoft still gets my money.

I have had XBL since Halo 2 days. I have not had it active the entire time, but that is when I originally signed up for it. I go off and on online spurts. I typically renew it every year and maybe play four months out of the year. So, Microsoft still gets my money.

Why do you only play for so little of the year and still buy year subcriptions? Wouldn't it be more efficient to just buy multiple 1 month passes? And that's cool about you having XBL since Halo 2 was online. :)

This is my first one year subscription to Xbox Live. I am enjoying it. I like to play with my nephews from across the state. I think they have fun also.

I have my account registered for 2 years now, but should only have 6 months of Gold. I don't play online that much and think that paying for online features is a stupid business model for a company has large as Microsoft..

I have had Xbox live since I got my console 2 years ago. I enjoy playing online with friends the most so I don't plan on quitting the live membership. :)

Since 2007, its great value for the money. Plus live is so well integrated. I'm excited to see what they do with the next generation console when it finally comes out.

Only one, I used to not be able to afford it, but since I got a job I started to pay for it.

Back