Xbox 360 How often do the batteries in your control run out?

A0130

I think I either have really bad batteries, or my controller is a power sucker. My batteries last a maximum of 3 days. They're regular Duracell batteries. Does anyone else have this issue, or is this normal?

I have a pair of rechargeable Energizer batteries, they usually only last me 1-2 weeks. Since they only take 45 minutes to recharge, this is very good for a 1-2 week daily use. I highly suggest buying rechargeable batteries. They save a lot of money in the long run and save you trips of going back and forth to the grocery store just for a set of AA batteries.

I just bought a random third party rechargeable battery, which manages to hold for around around 24 hours of playing. Really impressive for something as cheap as something like that.

i run the usb cord so never.. but it does drain fast.. so its usually linked unless i roll over and it pops out.

I'm a photographer by day, and a large majority of professional photographers use Sanyo Enloop's. They are super reliable and hold a charge really well. I found that they last a lot longer than the rechargeable Energizers that I used before the Enloops. But yeah, I'd definitely use rechargeable batteries instead of regular batteries. I can't really say how long they last for us because we use the rechargeable battery packs in our controllers.

It doesn't last longer than a week for the most time. I play games a lot though.

We do the rechargeable battery packs and set them on the charger whenever not in use.

Recently my batteries have been running out after about 5 days or so and it's really beginning to frustrate me. They used to last me a solid 1-2 weeks its quite funny that there always seems to be a supply of batteries in my house so it's not too bad. I don't pay for them so I don't mind using them!

Mine generally last 1 week or more....3 days definitely seems like too much of a drain.

I have a rechargeable battery pack so I don't have to worry about this type of thing much. I suggest rechargeable battery packs for anyone who loves playing their game alot.

Well, I started Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen with an already used pair of batteries recently. I don't remember the brand. Regardless, I got up to around 200 hours in that game and I only had to change batteries like once or twice.

I bought a generic rechargeable pack and it worked fine for the first few weeks. Now i need to have the cord plugged in otherwise the controller doesn't work. When I used batteries in the past, they've lasted countless hours. I can't complain at all about the battery life of the controller. In saying that, I don't play as often as some.

Mine lasts around a week or so. Then I just recharge them. I have like 8 of those rechargeable ones so we always have some that are charged and when I remember, I charge them 4 at a time.

That's what I do, I just keep the controller connected and there's nothing to worry about.

It's the better way to go. Plus the cord is really long so you can play from wherever and you don't have to worry about bringing your Xbox down!

I don't play my Xbox 360 all that often (just when I throw in Skyrim or a similar game), but it usually lasts a while with the batteries.

My controller drains the batteries unfortunately. They only last me 2 days and with only a couple of hours each day. You definitely need rechargable batteries and a recharge device for the 360 controllers.

I don't use the batteries all that often because I prefer to leave the power cord plugged in. During the times I do go to batteries I generally get a week out of them depending on how much I play.

I've bought so many new controllers after numerous battery issues. I've found that the usb charged controllers seem to work the best and have the longest lifespan. You can get those battery charge packs though, as they're pretty good at retaining energy. I learned the hard way that using Duracell AAA's is a huge waste of money if you game often.

Back