Xbox 360 How often do the batteries in your control run out?

I don't really notice anymore now that I use rechargeable AA's. I have so many of them now it isn't even funny so when they run out of juice I just grab a fresh pair. I don't play all that much in general so it could be anywhere between a week to a couple of months depending on what I'm playing.

I think I either have really bad batteries, or my controller is a power sucker. My batteries last a maximum of 3 days. They're regular Duracell batteries. Does anyone else have this issue, or is this normal?

I'm using Microsoft's rechargeable batteries and their charger. I've noticed lately my batteries are dying, but when I go to recharge them, the indicator is saying they are already charged. I've gotten to a point where I just simply play with them until it totally dies.

J

I think I either have really bad batteries, or my controller is a power sucker. My batteries last a maximum of 3 days. They're regular Duracell batteries. Does anyone else have this issue, or is this normal?

I'm trying to remember how long the batteries lasted me before I bought rechargeable battery packs, but I don't think they ran out in 3 days. Do you leave your controller on 24/7 or have marathon game sessions?

^ But can you even leave the controller on? My 360 controller cuts itself off during periods of inactivity(same way the TV screen grows dim).

Me personally, my batteries tend to hold out for 3 weeks to a month, but I don't play everyday anymore. But if I were to put in brand new batteries and play non-stop for hours night and day(which I've done in the past), it still wouldn't die in 3 days of use. Having them die after 3 days sounds like a defect in the controller, definitely unusual.

The controller is a power suck. With replaceable batteries, we were going through batteries every few days. I went to Walmart and bought a rechargeable battery pack that came with two rechargeable batteries and a charging cable for $20. Do yourself a favor and get one. It's well worth the cash. Gamestop might sell one for less, but this was the best deal I came across when I realized how quickly these things sucked out battery life.

Yeah, they always eat through batteries. My suggestion is to switch to Sanyo Enloop rechargeable batteries or get the Energizer dock. The batteries recharge soooo well, better than any other rechargeable that I have used in the past and the Energizer charger is just wonderful.

For me personally I used new batteries maybe once every 2 weeks? I didn't really play too often, so it wasn't a huge problem for me.

I don't really ever have to worry about batteries, they last a good 50 hours at least. And since I only play around a few hours every week (uni and such taking a lot of time), they last many weeks :).

I just know that the rechargeable battery packs that I bought at Walmart last for days between recharges...maybe even a a few weeks with infrequent use. The regular alkaline batteries wore down in just a day or two, even with just moderate use. I think the controller actually drained them even when they weren't turned on. It was a nightmare.

I also use a rechargeable battery pack. I imagine the batteries wouldn't last more than a week or two for me, though. Batteries seems to drain fast, especially with the amount of time I spend playing.

Sometimes I think I should've gotten a controller that uses batteries. I have the USB controller with the pack to it...it can be real assy sometimes. I get the "Connect Xbox Controller" prompt often and that's usually at intense moments. Or I'll get it and it turns out the controller is charged.

I had that problem when I had the USB pack controller. That's why I got the battery powered one. There should always be an option in the console's setup to have a battery icon in the corner so you can monitor that.

The battery power of the batteries in my controller used to die really quickly and that is the reason that I got the Xbox 360 controller that had the cord because I was too frustrated with having to keep on buying batteries just so I could enjoy my video games.

Hmm....I guess every few days or so maybe? But I have rechargeable batteries, so I just swap them out for the ones that are in the charger, so it's no big deal really when mine run out.

That's a good idea, I think that I will look around and see if I can find a decently priced rechargeable set up. I'm sick of buying batteries for the remote.

That's a good idea, I think that I will look around and see if I can find a decently priced rechargeable set up. I'm sick of buying batteries for the remote.

You can usually get them for very cheap, especially if you don't go for the actual rechargeable power pack and just buy a set of normal chargeable AA's.

I've got 3 of those play and charge kits, and they tend to suck. I think some people have a good time with them, but with mine, they were great for a charge or two, but since then, if I plug them in, the light goes red for a few seconds, then goes green as if it's charged. But it lies! It's not charged, and doesn't charge when the green light is on. So when I try use that control, it goes flat again straight away. I hear that those batteries work well with those quick charge kits though.

Otherwise, people tend to recommend Sanyo Eneloops rechargeable batteries.

Back