Xbox 360 How often do the batteries in your control run out?

NEVER!! I use a wired controller because I don't want to have to deal with it.

I have a rechargeable station and batteries which really saves me some money. Right now I am not playing all that much so I am not really wearing the batteries down. When I do play more I would say that they run down at an average pace.

Once in a very blue moon. I'll just swap the batteries out for the charged set.

I just go with a cord. It's not worth the hassle to have to constantly be worried about the battery running out at a time that you don't want it to. It's the same with a mouse on the PC, you don't want to be playing something like Counter Strike and suddenly have your mouse give up on you.

I just go with a cord. It's not worth the hassle to have to constantly be worried about the battery running out at a time that you don't want it to. It's the same with a mouse on the PC, you don't want to be playing something like Counter Strike and suddenly have your mouse give up on you.

Agree with this. Playing with a cord is less fussy as you won't have to buy new batteries every month or keep recharging your existing batteries every now and then which bumps up the electricity bill

I think I either have really bad batteries, or my controller is a power sucker. My batteries last a maximum of 3 days. They're regular Duracell batteries. Does anyone else have this issue, or is this normal?

I find it normal. I l also feel that it depends on the type of batteries. I bought some cheap batteries one time and i wen through the entire pack within that week. I have also had stronger batteries that last a month or two.

Wired controllers are the best! Lol. I hate recharging batteries over and over so I decided to just use wired controllers and never have to deal with batteries ever. It doesn't affect me at all, in terms of playing and comfort.

I got a play and charge kit when I got my Xbox and used it for a year or so. Then the battery started to lose charge and I have to charge more and more often. After that I got tired of charging and threw the battery away, this is when I realize the controller actually works without a battery. Yup, I just need to keep the charging cable plugged in and I can use it without ever having to charge. Not to mention, it's so much lighter without a battery pack.

Three days is pretty small. I only play as an average gamer and my batteries could last anywhere between 3 weeks to 6 weeks. I use AA Duracell Alkaline batteries or Eveready Ultima batteries (popular Alkaline batteries in India besides Duracell).

And, you can't leave the controller on idling for more than 10 minutes. It gets disconnected.

If you play vibration intensive games a lot, the batteries could lose fast. I suggest trying someone else's controller for a few days with your device with the same batteries to see if they last long. If they do, you might want to replace your controller.

Back