Xbox One Illumniroom will make your entire wall your video game screen

Wolfgang, that is even more problems than I had thought of. o_O

I think it's great that the technology is there, but I definitely think it's one of those things that is going to take time to get better and improve to the point of being any fun or useful.

I don't really want a machine in my room scanning what's in it and sending those pics to microsoft, or anyone else.

So you don't use a Kinect then, since that's all it is... I really wonder though, if MS could sneak an aggregate snapshot of kinect data back to some data warehouse.. What sort of storage issues would there be as the data piles up from users all over the planet? And at what point would the data serve a purpose that would justify the costs?

I guess if Steve Ballmer was trying to eliminate anyone in MS who could challenge his leadership he could scan all the Kinect data for samples that look like people he's targeting, and then he could expose them for things they do in private, like dancing games?

Technically if they could link the Kinect data to a location, they could try scanning for known terrorists or the FBI's most wanted, but is there really any profit in that? MS doesn't do much of anything that doesn't return a profit?

Wow, absolutely astonishing. I will consider getting this when I am able. Not sure how well it will work with my gaming setup seeing that my television and Xbox is in the corner. I will do some more research to see if it's possible ;).

Amazing! I want one already!

In my opinion it may be too much for shooters though. I'd be so confused to where people were coming from! But for dace games, racing games and role playing games. Oh man that is awesome! I would keep the game on even when I'm not playing to have that soothing snowing effect inside my house while I napped or something. :D

Only problem is how much will it cost? Projectors are super expensive already and I doubt this will come out for the 360.

This concept is pretty amazing. I hope this one really makes a hit with the consumers, more so than Kinect.

This is so cool! I really hope to get this because I have a small television that is less than 25 inches and being able to use my wall as a screen would be amazing. This will introduce a whole new level of fun for gamers. Can you imagine playing Call of Duty online with all your friends on the giant screen on your wall. That would be so cool and awesome.

It seems to be a 50/50 split just based on this forum. 50 percent seems to think it's gonna flop. 50 percent seem to think this is the best thing ever, and can't wait to get one! This is going interesting how this does play out when it does hit the shelves and once it has been out for a few months and see if people are still playing it.

It seems to be a 50/50 split just based on this forum. 50 percent seems to think it's gonna flop. 50 percent seem to think this is the best thing ever, and can't wait to get one! This is going interesting how this does play out when it does hit the shelves and once it has been out for a few months and see if people are still playing it.

Even Microsoft was cautious to explain that it's just a tech demo/not a product demo. For reasons I've already discussed (perspective of the players changing as their heads move), it's actually not currently 'possible' to do the 'room elimination' effect properly, unless the viewpoint is a fixed camera.

When you are watching the 'imagination' video (again they are really careful about wording) and they flip on the room-elimination effect, you'll see they don't move the camera around, but do move it during normal gameplay.

So saying "I'll be buying this.." is a bit crazy. Especially since it's so much more sensible to just have a pull-down screen and a normal projector that does other tasks.

Heck a 1080p active-matrix projector is under $400 US, is available already, and it covers between 50"-120" depending on the wall space/screen size that you can afford to provide it.

So you don't use a Kinect then, since that's all it is... I really wonder though, if MS could sneak an aggregate snapshot of kinect data back to some data warehouse.. What sort of storage issues would there be as the data piles up from users all over the planet? And at what point would the data serve a purpose that would justify the costs?

I guess if Steve Ballmer was trying to eliminate anyone in MS who could challenge his leadership he could scan all the Kinect data for samples that look like people he's targeting, and then he could expose them for things they do in private, like dancing games?

Technically if they could link the Kinect data to a location, they could try scanning for known terrorists or the FBI's most wanted, but is there really any profit in that? MS doesn't do much of anything that doesn't return a profit?

Agreeing that MS won't do anything that won't gain profit but that's just business so don't hold it against them. If this really was some secret government ploy to track terrorists and the like, wouldn't you think they put it something more people would own? I mean what person planning mass destruction has the time and money to be spending on a game console, game and projector.

Back