Xbox One Kinect is unnecessary and a joke - Molyneux

One guys opinion, I really can not see it being sold without the Kinect ever.

Yeah I am going to have to disagree with his opinion. Personally, I love the Kinect and I don't see any reason as to why someone wouldn't. I think it does a great job of being able to read our bodies and bring new elements into gaming.

I kinda agree but I'm not a fan of Kinect. If you guys had to recommend a good Kinect game to someone which one would it be? I can't even name one.

To each his own, I guess. But the Kinect was designed to be integrated with the Xbox One. So I'm not so sure if I can agree. He had a lot to say about the Wii U before as well. Ah well, to each his or her own.

Yeah I am going to have to disagree with his opinion. Personally, I love the Kinect and I don't see any reason as to why someone wouldn't. I think it does a great job of being able to read our bodies and bring new elements into gaming.

But remember, this is Molyneux. The guy's known to speak his mind on his thing. He's already had a lot of say about other things like the Wii U. So for him to say Kinect is a joke? Typical Molyneux.

I agree. I haven't used it yet and it's definitely not fun to me yet. But maybe that's just me, a lazy guy who hates sport and wants to sit on the couch all day.

I completely agree, and so does a lot of people.

That is why Sony's PlayStation 4 is dominating the Xbox One in sales. Microsoft totally blew it this generation, and i do not think can recover. People have shown that they do not care about the primary features, and vision Microsoft built it's system on.

The vision has already been produced, and it has been rejected. What are they going to do, build another console? That is a ridiculous statement. However. That is the only way i see them competing.

I kinda agree but I'm not a fan of Kinect. If you guys had to recommend a good Kinect game to someone which one would it be? I can't even name one.

I concur. I have had problems with Kinect since day one not recognizing voice commands. Still no viable games out for it (possibly Kinect Sports Rivals) and it makes the system 100.00 more than the PS4. I picked up the remote about 3 weeks ago and I'm happy I did. To each its own, but I would have been ok not having the Kinect as a pack-in accessory.

J

That is why Sony's PlayStation 4 is dominating the Xbox One in sales. Microsoft totally blew it this generation, and i do not think can recover. People have shown that they do not care about the primary features, and vision Microsoft built it's system on.

The vision has already been produced, and it has been rejected. What are they going to do, build another console? That is a ridiculous statement. However. That is the only way i see them competing.

Not sure if I can agree with Microsoft not being able to recover, especially since next generation gaming just begun. Neither PS4 or XB1 have been out longer than 6 months so there is plenty of time for a rebound. Kinect is only part of the reason PS4 is at this time dominating. Exclusives will be the determining factor ultimately. Give it time.

J

You're right man. In my opinion it's something that separates Xbox from PS.

Yeah. well that's something that really differs man. But honestly I don't really see the difference between PS4's camera and Kinect

Anyhow, Molyneux is the guy who likes to speak his mind on things strongly. Nothing new at all. But it does give us hints that Kinect isn't quite a hit for some people.

Anyhow, Molyneux is the guy who likes to speak his mind on things strongly. Nothing new at all. But it does give us hints that Kinect isn't quite a hit for some people.

Yup. Nothing new. And anyway, some will say Kinect sucks, some will says it rocks. What matters is if it rocks and sucks for you, then that's your preference.

Yup. Nothing new. And anyway, some will say Kinect sucks, some will says it rocks. What matters is if it rocks and sucks for you, then that's your preference.

I agree, probably really depends on your personal experience with the equipment.

I wouldn't say Microsoft blew it this generation...well....they didn't massively blow it to where they can't recover, Sony pretty much blew it early on last generation due to Xbox One-like pricing at launch and their sales turn out great at the end. Could they have been better? Of course, but they blew it by going outside of their playbook (then Nintendo read it and did gangbusters in sales on both console and handheld fronts).

With Microsoft in this case, there's been a trend of blowing it (even before the Xbox One was released), but it's 6 months in. They can turn it around, but significant changes need to be made. Now will changes be made? Probably...?

I wouldn't say Microsoft blew it this generation...well....they didn't massively blow it to where they can't recover, Sony pretty much blew it early on last generation due to Xbox One-like pricing at launch and their sales turn out great at the end. Could they have been better? Of course, but they blew it by going outside of their playbook (then Nintendo read it and did gangbusters in sales on both console and handheld fronts).

With Microsoft in this case, there's been a trend of blowing it (even before the Xbox One was released), but it's 6 months in. They can turn it around, but significant changes need to be made. Now will changes be made? Probably...?

they didn't blow anything. They tried to do something different and got crucified by us. It's our fault that they're doing badly since we're the ones not buying their console. Really microsoft just has to release the AAA stuff and/or get some good quality games out to us so the the general public has a reason to sign up "oh I don't agree with their policies but I really like halo..."

Microsoft can and will recover. Remember the overpriced No Games Station 3 of the previous generation? Remember how Sony recovered from that mess?

they didn't blow anything. They tried to do something different and got crucified by us. It's our fault that they're doing badly since we're the ones not buying their console. Really microsoft just has to release the AAA stuff and/or get some good quality games out to us so the the general public has a reason to sign up "oh I don't agree with their policies but I really like halo..."

Honestly. I do not think Microsoft was doing anything different.

All they did was try to force things on customers. Such as the Kinect, and the subscription services. The Xbox One wasn't anything new. It was about making money. Throw sponsors, and partnerships with other companies, and that turned a lot of people against the system.

I still bought it because i love Xbox Live. That is what Microsoft was banking on. Customer loyalty. They learned the hard way that you have to give the people what they want, and not what you want to give.

Back