Xbox One Kinect is unnecessary and a joke - Molyneux

Kinect is for a younger age base in my opinion. I haven't gotten to play it because it tells me there isn't a big enough playing space in my room and I can't be bothered to bring it downstairs. The games are also way too expensive to be paying for a few little games where you just jump and swing your arms when you could pay the same price for a really good game with a quality story and you'd get your money out of it and enjoy it.

Kinect is for a younger age base in my opinion. I haven't gotten to play it because it tells me there isn't a big enough playing space in my room and I can't be bothered to bring it downstairs. The games are also way too expensive to be paying for a few little games where you just jump and swing your arms when you could pay the same price for a really good game with a quality story and you'd get your money out of it and enjoy it.

True, true. I think it's really aimed at a different base. Maybe Microsoft just wanted to integrate the Kinect like it's really part of the system. Like it's the part of our lives or something. Hence, the all-in-one.

It's a bit more for younger gamers, I suppose. It doesn't get boring too fast, though!

It's a bit more for younger gamers, I suppose. It doesn't get boring too fast, though!

I would agree.

But they haven't made any games for it. They didn't even have any games for the kinect on the Xbox 360. The kinect just sites there. You can't even use it in 95% of games.The word useless is harsh, but it perfectly describes the kinect in my opinion.

The question is why is Microsoft forcing it on us?

I would agree.

But they haven't made any games for it. They didn't even have any games for the kinect on the Xbox 360. The kinect just sites there. You can't even use it in 95% of games.The word useless is harsh, but it perfectly describes the kinect in my opinion.

Because they want it to be the next big thing.

Yeah I am going to have to disagree with his opinion. Personally, I love the Kinect and I don't see any reason as to why someone wouldn't. I think it does a great job of being able to read our bodies and bring new elements into gaming.

You actually like the kinect? What games do you even play with it?

It seems to be geared to a much younger age group than what the average gamer is. It should probably be an optional thing because I have no interest in it at all.

It seems to be geared to a much younger age group than what the average gamer is. It should probably be an optional thing because I have no interest in it at all.

For me it actually depends on what the games are available for it.

I don't agree with AB9100. Without the Kinect, Microsoft wouldn't be able to emit X-Waves to convince people that the Xbox One is without flaw and that it really is the only box you need (which isn't true, I still need my 360 for 360 games, but still). Without the Kinect, Microsoft would have to come to people's houses and zap them with the X-Waves gun and I hear that sh** burns.

I don't agree with AB9100. Without the Kinect, Microsoft wouldn't be able to emit X-Waves to convince people that the Xbox One is without flaw and that it really is the only box you need (which isn't true, I still need my 360 for 360 games, but still). Without the Kinect, Microsoft would have to come to people's houses and zap them with the X-Waves gun and I hear that sh** burns.

Yellow card for snark. Get another and you're on the bench for the evening.

Lol. Well I agree with the whole thing.

Microsoft has got bigger plans for the Kinect than turning it on with your voice and controlling the X1 from a distance. It has to. It would've been nice if they laid the bigger plans out though.

#XboxOneConspiracies lol

Microsoft has got bigger plans for the Kinect than turning it on with your voice and controlling the X1 from a distance. It has to. It would've been nice if they laid the bigger plans out though.

#XboxOneConspiracies lol

hahahaha XD whoa, the conspiracies has become a hashtag too? Better put that on Twitter. We might be seeing news about it XD

I would agree.

Yeah, you make a point there. Actually.... why is it being forced? Look at the Wii. The Wii was designed with the Wiimote and Nunchuk in mind. A majority of the games (yup, a majority) required the Wiimote and Nunchuk. It became a phenomenon and that's why when you buy a Wii, you'd always like to have the motion control with you. Whereas with the Kinect.... majority of Xbox 360 games don't use the Kinect much. And when MSFT has those Kinect-centric games released... they kinda suck.

So in other words... MSFT has yet to harness the power of their creation with other games. Now they're trying to fix that up by integrating it with the Xbox One. But right now, it's a mixed bag. Some people like it, some people don't like it. So how's MSFT gonna show the gamers it's the integral part of the Xbox One?

I wouldn't say Microsoft blew it this generation...well....they didn't massively blow it to where they can't recover, Sony pretty much blew it early on last generation due to Xbox One-like pricing at launch and their sales turn out great at the end. Could they have been better? Of course, but they blew it by going outside of their playbook (then Nintendo read it and did gangbusters in sales on both console and handheld fronts).

With Microsoft in this case, there's been a trend of blowing it (even before the Xbox One was released), but it's 6 months in. They can turn it around, but significant changes need to be made. Now will changes be made? Probably...?

You make some good points right there. Too early to say anyway. If they still go like this in the next few years.... then they blew it. But until then, let them do their thing. I'm sure something will turn up for them.

Yeah, you make a point there. Actually.... why is it being forced? Look at the Wii. The Wii was designed with the Wiimote and Nunchuk in mind. A majority of the games (yup, a majority) required the Wiimote and Nunchuk. It became a phenomenon and that's why when you buy a Wii, you'd always like to have the motion control with you. Whereas with the Kinect.... majority of Xbox 360 games don't use the Kinect much. And when MSFT has those Kinect-centric games released... they kinda suck.

So in other words... MSFT has yet to harness the power of their creation with other games. Now they're trying to fix that up by integrating it with the Xbox One. But right now, it's a mixed bag. Some people like it, some people don't like it. So how's MSFT gonna show the gamers it's the integral part of the Xbox One?

The Kinect is being forced because Microsoft has their own vision about what gaming should be. The problem is, the only people who like the idea is them. People have rejected the Kinect, but they decide to force it on us by making it mandatory. You have to own one because it comes wit the system. Which means they still get to push their agenda on us. Regardless of rather we like it, or not.

That is why most people went out, and bout the PlayStation 4.

Which means they still get to push their agenda on us. Regardless of rather we like it, or not.

No one made you buy it, it was your own free choice. If I do not like something, I do not purchase it then
complain later about it. Do not like something, do not buy, very simple.

I must agree that the Kinect isn't as good as I've expected it, but it's definitely a lot of fun!

#XboxOneConspiracies lol
I dunno, they've had the kinect around since last gen, and they've not done anything big with it as of yet.

Back