Xbox One Kinect is unnecessary and a joke - Molyneux

I'm new to it but I am really not all that into it. Perhaps in time I might like it more but right now I just would soon not have to deal with it.

I agree with the title, though. It is not needed that much and it's definitely something that only rises the price.

The Kinect is being forced because Microsoft has their own vision about what gaming should be. The problem is, the only people who like the idea is them. People have rejected the Kinect, but they decide to force it on us by making it mandatory. You have to own one because it comes wit the system. Which means they still get to push their agenda on us. Regardless of rather we like it, or not.

That is why most people went out, and bout the PlayStation 4.

Right on! There you go. Yeah, I guess MSFT hasn't really integrated it well right now. Again, like I said: it's a mixed bag: some like it, some don't. Ha, and they said GAMERS FIRST? More like THEM first, then second US.

Right on! There you go. Yeah, I guess MSFT hasn't really integrated it well right now. Again, like I said: it's a mixed bag: some like it, some don't. Ha, and they said GAMERS FIRST? More like THEM first, then second US.

Yup, that's really true. THEM first, and US second? Hahahhaa.

I would respect Molyneux more if he stopped talking and started making good games again.

The Kinect is an attempt at making the Xbox more family-oriented. Getting more people involved, attracting people that are looking to play actively, etc. It's a genius idea and works very well, in my opinion. I love using the Kinect with my younger family members and using workout games with my mom. It really helps her motivate herself to do something active, even if it's through a video game.

I'm a bit sorry that I have spend 100 dollars on a Kinect now.

I would respect Molyneux more if he stopped talking and started making good games again.

I must agree. I mean.... Godus. Another god game? I was hoping he'd make another game that's not based on being a god. Why that?

The Kinect is an attempt at making the Xbox more family-oriented. Getting more people involved, attracting people that are looking to play actively, etc. It's a genius idea and works very well, in my opinion. I love using the Kinect with my younger family members and using workout games with my mom. It really helps her motivate herself to do something active, even if it's through a video game.

Hmmmm.... well, this one sounds nice. This is like what the Wii did when they introduced motion-based gaming: to make it more family-oriented. MSFT took notice and made their Kinect.

I don't agree with AB9100. Without the Kinect, Microsoft wouldn't be able to emit X-Waves to convince people that the Xbox One is without flaw and that it really is the only box you need (which isn't true, I still need my 360 for 360 games, but still). Without the Kinect, Microsoft would have to come to people's houses and zap them with the X-Waves gun and I hear that sh** burns.

Hahahahahaha. Wow, is... this for real man? X-Waves?

That would be nice if they actually used it in games.

What games on the market right now allow you to use the Kinect? None that i a interested in, and a lot of people feel the same way. It is not the purpose of the Kinect that i do not like. It is Microsofts execution of the device. Even the Xbox 360 Kinect was useless.

Microsoft is not developing the right games for the Kinect. That is the problem.

That would be nice if they actually used it in games.

What games on the market right now allow you to use the Kinect? None that i a interested in, and a lot of people feel the same way. It is not the purpose of the Kinect that i do not like. It is Microsofts execution of the device. Even the Xbox 360 Kinect was useless.

Microsoft is not developing the right games for the Kinect. That is the problem.

There you go. There's the biggest point of all: Microsoft is not developing the right games for the Kinect. That is the problem. Nintendo got it right with the Wii by making a majority of the games compatible with the Wiimote and Nunchuk. THAT is where MSFT really missed it. If they can at least make the right games, I think the Kinect can hit it right.

Welp, the kinect is there just to make the price a little higher and bring them more money.

There you go. There's the biggest point of all: Microsoft is not developing the right games for the Kinect. That is the problem. Nintendo got it right with the Wii by making a majority of the games compatible with the Wiimote and Nunchuk. THAT is where MSFT really missed it. If they can at least make the right games, I think the Kinect can hit it right.

Exactly.

I have no clue what Microsoft's plan was/ What force a device on customers if you are not going develop the proper products for it. All the Kinect does is sit on top of my console, and watch me. There isn't even an option to use in in any of my games. A total waste if you ask me.

I wish they would refund the money i paid for it. I hate the way Microsoft does business.

Exactly.

I have no clue what Microsoft's plan was/ What force a device on customers if you are not going develop the proper products for it. All the Kinect does is sit on top of my console, and watch me. There isn't even an option to use in in any of my games. A total waste if you ask me.

I wish they would refund the money i paid for it. I hate the way Microsoft does business.

So what games do you have? Because except for Titan fall, just about every game uses Kinect in some fashion.

I don't use the Kinect on my XB1 as much as I used to since I bought the media remote. My kids use it more than I do. Works good most of the time, and when it doesnt it usually does something weird or funny and I just laugh. For example, It seems to think one of my cousins is me, it signs me in if she walks in the room when the kids are on the XB1. A couple times my kids got too loud playing or argued over whos turn it was and it thought they said "Xbox record that." I told them the NSA was listening in and the government was going to send someone to punish them for fighting, LOL.

Back