Xbox 360 Microsoft pledges 3 more years of support for Xbox 360

No, I get it and if you have to do it, then three years would or should be the maximum, but if Microsoft drags this out like Sony did the PS2 and looks like they are trying to do with the PS3, then they are idiots. All Sony has to offer is the actual console, Microsoft has an entire infrastructure just waiting to be used and to revolutionize.

Judging from Microsoft's PA game, 'bite the hand that feeds you' appears to be a company motto.

But, if the One is already coming out of the gate breaking even or drawing a profit, then there is no reason to waste time with old technology. You want your user base to move onto your digital store and increasing their usage of your console in their home through all of the apps that you've developed solely for the One.

No, I get it and if you have to do it, then three years would or should be the maximum, but if Microsoft drags this out like Sony did the PS2 and looks like they are trying to do with the PS3, then they are idiots. All Sony has to offer is the actual console, Microsoft has an entire infrastructure just waiting to be used and to revolutionize.

Agreed. I actually think 3 years is a bit much, but I assume they know what they're doing.

Good point. PS2 was 10 years but those last 3 or 4 were pretty much dead when it came to games. Kinda seemed like a waste of space. Yeah people were still buying them but i bet it was chump change for them lol

I am gonna go the complete opposite direction here...

/now that Ballmer is gone

Microsoft needs to add a little bit of Ram to the 360, give it a hypervisor multi-tasking operating system like the X1 has. Rip out the DVD drive, Shrink it down some more and have it as their very low end download only console. Pretend that they never released Kinect 1.0, and focus all their Kinect efforts on Kinect 2.0. Include command strips and a 18" long HDMI so we can stick it to the back of our TV. License it out to Samsung, so Samsung can land some torpedos in the side of Sony, when Sony starts selling their Bravita TV's.

I am gonna go the complete opposite direction here...

/now that Ballmer is gone

Microsoft needs to add a little bit of Ram to the 360, give it a hypervisor multi-tasking operating system like the X1 has. Rip out the DVD drive, Shrink it down some more and have it as their very low end download only console. Pretend that they never released Kinect 1.0, and focus all their Kinect efforts on Kinect 2.0. Include command strips and a 18" long HDMI so we can stick it to the back of our TV. License it out to Samsung, so Samsung can land some torpedos in the side of Sony, when Sony starts selling their Bravita TV's.

Give this person a beer!!!!!!!!!!

That is very nice, I was worried what i'll do with my xbox. It's going to be sad not using it anymore and it would end up like my ps2.

Not sure what that's suppose to mean? If you are referring to you resent to the company for is Always Online DRM, I didn't mind it as its basic forward thinking and I personally feel the future possibilities out weigh any complaint I might have. I understand not everyone has high speed internet, but as somebody who does I didn't see the big deal. I'm always connected regardless. People don't like change, I get it.

No, I'm referring to "Don't have good internet? Buy an Xbox 360!" and "hashtag deal with it" among other amazing quotes from Microsoft regarding the Xbox One.

See, I don't dislike Microsoft for making bad business decisions. I dislike Microsoft for talking down to consumers who have legitimate issues with a product. If you're fine with a company that actively mocks its own consumers, then, I guess that's your perogative.

Works for me. NHL14 isn't going to be on the next generation of consoles anyways. This way I have time to see how the XB1 pans out with its offerings (and if the prices drop :D)

That's great news for 360 gamers like myself. Well I put mine for sale a year before it goes extinct ha-ha.

Back