Xbox One Next Generation Gaming

One

What do you guys think the next generation gaming will be? The Xbox One already proved itself with its graphics and game play. What else can they improve on to make the next gernation even more eye opening?

Hmmmm... that's a tough one. As of right now, can't say much. I wanted to say more improved graphics but that can't be just yet. Maybe we'll finally have the grasp of virtual gaming to its fullest capacity. And probably the Kinect can finally reach the potential a lot of us wanted it to have.

Hmmmm... that's a tough one. As of right now, can't say much. I wanted to say more improved graphics but that can't be just yet. Maybe we'll finally have the grasp of virtual gaming to its fullest capacity. And probably the Kinect can finally reach the potential a lot of us wanted it to have.

Yeah, well we just have to leave it to them. it's up to them whether or not it will grow.

Well, the graphics would be the obvious improvement, but as for the games itself, I don't think there's that much to add to the experience. I mean sure improved motion controls and the likes, but I think it would the VR that's going to be the next big gaming gimmick.

Next generation gaming will have better graphics and perhaps 3D. Movies in 3D will be followed by games in the near future. That will be truly exciting as the gaming experience will become very real.

I think the next generation of gaming will be virtual reality and augmented reality. There are already several companies working on both VR & AR as we speak, some are already available for the PC market. I think VR & AR should be the thing Sony and Microsoft should focus on next time the release a console. If you have seen the movie HER they show the main character playing an AR game.

Capture.PNG

I really want to have a VR kit for the XB1 as well. Not only that the future games will look so damn realistic, but the gameplay will be immerse and STUNNING!

Eventually it will be virtual gaming but I think that it will be some time before that happens. As long as we see steady improvement with graphics, etc. I am good to go.

Isn't VR the next big thing? The majority of people have been drooling over how VR is going to revolutionize gaming and all. Personally, I'm still skeptical and hope it's not going to end up like motion controls. I think VR is still very primitive in terms of technology and there isn't much can be done with the tech for gaming.

Isn't VR the next big thing? The majority of people have been drooling over how VR is going to revolutionize gaming and all. Personally, I'm still skeptical and hope it's not going to end up like motion controls. I think VR is still very primitive in terms of technology and there isn't much can be done with the tech for gaming.

Sounds like you haven't actually tried an Oculus. My mind was blown. IT isn't some lame version of what 90's VR was. It literally is everything I thought it would be. It's surreal.

The graphics will continue to improve, VR will play an even bigger role in gaming and we'll see the release of god knows what cool gimmick. Then again, next gen is still a ways ahead, who knows what tech will appear to change the whole gaming landscape.

The answer to this topic is very simple: Variety and quality. The power is there, the technology is there. Although the games look great and the gameplay is acceptable, there's not much of a selection and nothing has the depth as some of the older games. It seems like games are getting more commercialized by the minute, and everything looks big and bad in the trailers, but ends up being shallow and follows the same template of similar games before them. To truly bring gaming to the next generation, they have to do something that hasn't been done before and do it well.

It is еvidеnt thаt thеsе соnsоlеs соmе in wаvеs, mоstly fоr соmpеtitiоn. Sinсе thе distаnсе bеtwееn thеsе wаvеs is аbоut 4-6 yеаrs, wе саn аssumе thе nеxt wаvе оf соnsоlеs will bе rеlеаsеd in 2018-2020. I prеsumе this tо bе fаlsе bесаusе thеsе соnsоlеs аrе prоduсеd аnd rеlеаsеd bаsеd оn thе pоpulаrity оf thе prеviоus соnsоlе. Just аs it sееms thаt еvеryоnе аlrеаdy hаs thе оld соnsоlеs, а nеw оnе is put оut with muсh bеttеr systеms аnd grаphiсs. I bеliеvе thаt thе nеxt соnsоlеs wоn't аrrivе until 2020-2022 bесаusе оf thе lасk оf еnthusiаsm fоr thе PS4 аnd Xbоx Оnе аnd thе fасt thаt wе dоn't rеаlly hаvе muсh bеttеr tесhnоlоgy tо shоvе intо а fаnсy соnsоlе саsе nоw аnd I prеsumе wоn't until 2018. Оf соursе thеrе will bе surprisеs аnd fаilurеs thаt саusе соmpаniеs tо rеlеаsе lаtе оr еаrly dеpеnding оn thе situаtiоn. Еxаmplе: Lеt's fасе it. Thе Wii U is а giаnt prоduсt flоp, аnd Nintеndо isn't mаking аny mоnеy frоm it

I think it's a bit harsh to compare the Xbox ONE and PlayStation 4 to the Nintendo, because as far as sales go they haven't been as much as a disaster as the Wii has.

I do agree that I'm not sure what other improvements can be made on the system at this time though, so I'm also not expecting a whole new console to come out for at least another 4-5 years.

VR as we have already seen is now right under our noses, that is going to be the craze for the next gen consoles, then AR will be the next evolution. Microsoft is already working on Hololens which will make it possible to experience digital game play in a real world environment (crazy stuff). Companies are investing colossal amounts of money in this direction.

The amount of money that is being invested is probably a surprise to a lot of people, because after all said and done, it's only entertainment.

I'm not saying that gaming, technology, entertainment isn't important, but when you look at just how much is being invested, and by who, you start to wonder if there's some ulterior motive somewhere.

I would start to wonder with Microsoft especially if there is an ulterior motive.

They're certainly a big enough company to say trial this equipment on us the gamers, let us be the guinea pigs before it's rolled out to other areas, across different sectors.

I hope the next generation of gaming will focus more on game play content than graphics... We already have amazing graphics, so amazing it's confusing sometimes, it's really impressing how lifelike graphics are these days. But I still feel like most games lack in depth of content, it feels superficial most of the times, as if I'm being fooled by the beautiful graphics.
I also think we're gonna develop more sandbox games in the next few years. I think sandbox and open world is the future.

We was looking forward to the next gen consoles such as the Playstation 4 and Xbox ONE for a number of years, and while they are impressive, I think most people will have been a bit underwhelmed by what they got.

While I understand what you're saying about the game play not being up to scratch, we can't really blame that on Microsoft or Sony and that's more down to the game developers. The console manufacturer's provided the technology for next gen gaming, but sadly, even now three or four years later, the games being produced aren't making the most of that.

Back