Nintendo announces the 2DS.

Why the hell are they bringing this out. This just looks like crap. It is going to break easier because it can't fold, hard to play and be generally crap. Usually I am behind Nintendo and the stuff they bring out but I must say this seems like an April fools joke.

I don't really understand why people find this more breakable then the hinged DS/3DS. Having seen two of them break - one because of those stupidly fragile hinges and one from being left open I don't see why they're preferable. This is actually much, much harder to break which makes it ideal for both children and households with small children. Also why is it hard to play? you still have all the parts for playing that hasn't changed at all.

I don't think that it will break any easier, either. They make these mobile gaming devices almost indestructible because they know that children are the target demographic. I think the reason why so many of us are negative nancys on the 3ds and 2ds is that we are no longer children. Most of us are in our 20's or 30's and have moved on from handheld games.

I don't think that it will break any easier, either. They make these mobile gaming devices almost indestructible because they know that children are the target demographic. I think the reason why so many of us are negative nancys on the 3ds and 2ds is that we are no longer children. Most of us are in our 20's or 30's and have moved on from handheld games.

I own a Vita and a PSP and a 3DS and a DS and I still have all my older stuff (well most of it - I gave some to younger family members). Besides which handhelds are rather more intensive and worthwhile then the mobile game people are obsessing over on their tablets and smartphones.

Back