Xbox 360 "Red Ring of Death"

I had a problem with my Xbox 360 slim, actually. I bought it and right on plug and play, I find that my new console is RROD'd. The man on the other end of XBOX support told me to smell the fans, it was kind of creepy how he asked me, but I did and found it smelled a bit like there was a fire. Turned it in and never really got an answer as to what had happened exactly, but I'm having fun on my fixed console. :)

I've had my Xbox for 5 years and haven't had it. My system is a beast!

I bought my current Xbox from a colleague for £50, it's an older one, and I've had it for about 2 years, never experienced it.

Before this one, I had another that I'd also bought from a colleague, but the day after getting it home, it red-ringed whilst my room-mate was playing Castlevania. Couldn't bring it back to life after that :(

When mine was broken, the three red lights are steady not blinking. When I called xbox support they replace it and waited for almost a month to be delivered. I think RROD is three steady red light, no blinking.

Damn... I feel old... Yeah, I've sent 4 of mine off. Then I got the Slim. I have had no problems with the multiple Xbox Slims I own.

I got a red ring once and refused to bring it in for fixing since I don't trust the system not to just do it again. Instead I picked up a cheap unit being sold by someone else and I took the red ring unit out back for a thorough smashing to bits. It was very therapeutic and made a great youtube video!

I had mine do that about 5 times and all i have done was get a cold rag (Just put the rag in the freezer) and lay it over the xbox. I remember reading online somewhere that this works and for me it did all 5 times. My friend on the other hand accidentally left his on for 7 days while he was out of the country on vacation and when he came back it could not be repaired in the way mine could. He sent it back and Xbox replaced it for about $50 if i remember correctly.

My original Xbox 360 got the RROD. Ended up fixing it using the x-clamp fix. That lasted for about another 2 years and ended up dieing. Bought a new one after that.

My original Xbox 360 got the RROD. Ended up fixing it using the x-clamp fix. That lasted for about another 2 years and ended up dieing. Bought a new one after that.

Whats the C-Clamp fix? I havent heard of it yet i did about 2 hrs research after mine broke a long time ago haha :)

Back