Xbox One So the Xbox One has been hacked

That was fast. I can honestly say there are some very smart people in the world. I could never be a hacker though, it seems so time consuming. I wonder how they feel when they make a major breakthrough.

Same here. It's like, it's their life to do this. Maybe they feel awesome and epic like us when we hit a nice achievement in games, only unlike us, they achieved something for us. Hahaha. Hackers do something to help other people. Or not.

Really? That fast? I wonder if they just wait around for new consoles to come out just to test their skills. In all seriousness though, in a small way this is a good thing. It shows where the holes in their security is so that they're able to patch it up. Honestly, it's better that they did it now when it's in the early stages rather than later.

Really? That fast? I wonder if they just wait around for new consoles to come out just to test their skills. In all seriousness though, in a small way this is a good thing. It shows where the holes in their security is so that they're able to patch it up. Honestly, it's better that they did it now when it's in the early stages rather than later.

Yea I think thats the only positive in all of this.

While I am also not surprised, I think the reason they spread the word was not only to brag, but maybe to let Microsoft know about it sooner before someone else takes advantage so they can patch it up. About the spreading on forums, since they are hackers they could have easily used something like xrummer to do it faster.

Then companies will find something sinister so hackers won't ever dare hack a system. It's the cycle, can't escape that. But so far, other devices like PSVITA have not been fully hacked so there's still some hope.

I doubt companies will find something that would repel hackers. I think hackers would just get bored with hacking their system repeatedly and find something else.

Handhelds tend to be a trickier thing to hack it seems since updates hit very often.

I could see a 3DS emulator. Those ROMs will be pretty beefy, but I can see it happening for sure. I remember when they made the DS emulators my mind was like "How? How did they do that?" I told my brother when he got home from school (this was like 2006 or so) and he asked the same.

...sure enough, they did it.

3DS emulator wouldn't seem too difficult since it would just have the 3D off. Those ROMs would be beefier though.

It'll happen. I give it early next year. An emulator will come out that doesn't run so hot, but it's out anyway.

3DS emulator wouldn't seem too difficult since it would just have the 3D off. Those ROMs would be beefier though.

3DS Emulators... I don't see it happening anytime soon. The Vita and 3DS, so far, have yet to have any working ISO or files in hacked form. I've heard of news they've cracked it but if I don't see any files in torrents or in other sites, then there's definitely no definite answer they've hacked it completely.

I've seen some ROMs listed for 3DS, but with no emulator you can't really determine if they work or not. ROMs and ISOs usually get out way ahead of the emulator though.

I don't care about the hacking, my issue with game hackers has always been the bragging. They just can't help themselves. The minute their in, they have to broadcast their 'triumph' on forums and websites to get the info out there. They just can't keep it on the down low. In the end it doesn't matter the sales of games on consoles will be fine. Not that many people are really willing to risk being banned just to play a torrented game.

Honestly, it really was only a matter of time, though this was rather quick. One might expect this sort of thing in a few months to a few years, but without the DRM, I imagine it was not all that difficult and, thus, not very surprising. Does it have to be a bad thing that they have been bragging about this? Well, it depends on what side you are on. If you plan on pirating games, then this is wonderful news. If for some reason you are against it, rest assured Microsoft will find a way to rectify it now, thanks to their gloating.

3DS emulators won't be along for some time. It'll happen, but not anytime soon.

Yeah, I agree. And you know what? Why wait when you can buy 'em? Haha. Ah, I'm not a pirated gamer no more. I gave it up a long time ago. I don't care if I spend cash to play games. If it means I don't have to deal with all these cracks, serials and other hurdles to play, I'll just buy and play smoothly. 'Sides, it's nice to have a collection put in a shelf or a digital collection to look and play without any kind of extra steps to do.

I find it utterly funny, the xbox one is not "Hacked". Just because someone found out how to extract an ENCRYPTED nand, does not mean its hacked. It means they have a file that is encrypted that they cannot do anything with till the file is decrypted and a hacked nand made and loaded to the console. Learn the difference between "grabbing a file" and "hacking the console"

Right now the console can only do what it is meant to do, until the xbox is officially hacked, which going on the basis of security for the 360, we wont see a hack for the xbox one for AT THE VERY LEAST 2-5 years, if this console proves to be as tough as the xbox 360.

They only managed to dump the NAND, it's nothing for now. Having the NAND won't do anything unless the know how to decrypt it so I wouldn't really worry about the Xbox One getting hacked anytime soon. After what happened to the 360, I don't think Microsoft would be stupid enough to repeat the same mistake twice. I'm quite skeptical whether it will get hacked at all.

I am honestly not even surprised. People are willing to do anything and everything, so hacking the new Xbox is nothing.

You're right. Well, It's not surprising to see this happening after all hackers are all around the world. Well thing is why are they wasting their time on such a thing. They could earn a lot if they apply to good companies.

They only managed to dump the NAND, it's nothing for now. Having the NAND won't do anything unless the know how to decrypt it so I wouldn't really worry about the Xbox One getting hacked anytime soon. After what happened to the 360, I don't think Microsoft would be stupid enough to repeat the same mistake twice. I'm quite skeptical whether it will get hacked at all.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Maybe by hacked it just means they were able to pass Level 1 of the structure. But they still got more levels to hack. Let me see them pull a Monaco with this one. But that can take a while.

I find it utterly funny, the xbox one is not "Hacked". Just because someone found out how to extract an ENCRYPTED nand, does not mean its hacked. It means they have a file that is encrypted that they cannot do anything with till the file is decrypted and a hacked nand made and loaded to the console. Learn the difference between "grabbing a file" and "hacking the console"

Right now the console can only do what it is meant to do, until the xbox is officially hacked, which going on the basis of security for the 360, we wont see a hack for the xbox one for AT THE VERY LEAST 2-5 years, if this console proves to be as tough as the xbox 360.

True. Like what thedoodseven says, it's like a Level 1. The more levels, the tougher it's going to be. So they'd better have something ready 'cuz it'll take more time of their life to even break through. I start seeing pirated Blu-Ray games, then they've hacked it.

Back