Xbox One Two Assassin's Creed games reportedly in development for 2014

Hmmmm.... that's interesting. So they're pushing out two games next year eh? I was expecting just one but now they're making a next-gen AC and a current-gen (previous-gen) AC. This will show us what Ubisoft's got planned. Will they make use of what they did in AC4 or are we going to see a new direction yet again? E3's there to show us.

I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe... one of them is a sequel to the main series while the other one is just a spin-off, much like Liberation. We'll see what they got planned when they're announced during a daily reveal or at the E3.

I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe... one of them is a sequel to the main series while the other one is just a spin-off, much like Liberation. We'll see what they got planned when they're announced during a daily reveal or at the E3.

Also, they can't just abandon the current-gen fans. Assassin's Creed got their rep through the PS3 and 360 so they'll really need to make something for the current-gen fans. But it's a difficult situation altogether: how can they have those who just moved to the next-gen still enjoy the Assassin's Creed experience, still knowing the story? I'm interesting in seeing Ubisoft do something.

Well I'm still loving AC4 so I won't complain about more of what I love; I just hope the projects aren't rushed and therefore feel inferior to what I'm currently playing. Granted this is all just rumor, but I think its a safe assumption that its fact. What do your guys think?

I'm still keeping a close watch on what Ubisoft can give us. Welll I do love the series so I have no complaints about it.

I'm still keeping a close watch on what Ubisoft can give us. Welll I do love the series so I have no complaints about it.

Yeah, we gotta keep a close eye. Ubisoft, so far, haven't released mediocre titles recently. They have delayed titles like Watch_dogs and South Park but all for the good cause of not having disappointing quality. For Assassin's Creed, they got a lot to show for us. We'll see.

I'm really curious about this. They got quite a decision to make when it comes to catering to the next-gen crowd and the current-gen crowd. Can they really do it? Well, we'll have to see. But maybe making a new standalone AC would be nice for the next-gen, so it wouldn't be too hard for those who got the new console to get in on the action.

This is pretty likely. Probably get the spin-off out first and have the actual sequel announced at E3 and out by fall...or pushed back to the following summer. Whichever works for them.

They just need to make an Edo period inspired AC and let the franchise die. Black Flag was truly great but I feel like they are gonna make at least 2 or 3 sequels with the same naval premise and it will get boring *yawns*.

I feel a feudal Japan one will be done, but I have to give them credit for not doing it yet since it just seems like the most obvious thing to go with. They were doing assassins and stealth and no ninjas around, the premise was a breath of fresh air itself.

Extremely glad they didn't go with ninjas. I agree Edo should be done, but I wouldn't end on Edo. It would be "Oh of course! Ninjas!"

They just need to make an Edo period inspired AC and let the franchise die. Black Flag was truly great but I feel like they are gonna make at least 2 or 3 sequels with the same naval premise and it will get boring *yawns*.

A Japanese Assassin? Works for me. Then suddenly, you'll realize it's the 47 Ronin! You'll play a Keanu Reeves-like character and then you'll see some more secrets about the world of Assassin's Creed. Hahaha. But yeah, pirate thing is cool but it'll just make me yawn and yawn if they keep doing it again.

Extremely glad they didn't go with ninjas. I agree Edo should be done, but I wouldn't end on Edo. It would be "Oh of course! Ninjas!"

Don't tell me they'll try to do Tenchu? That would be.... AWWW DAMN! Tenchu... god, I would love to see a next-gen Tenchu game..
Okay I went overboard with that XD Well, we'll see if they'll consider doing that kind of AC game.

I feel a feudal Japan one will be done, but I have to give them credit for not doing it yet since it just seems like the most obvious thing to go with. They were doing assassins and stealth and no ninjas around, the premise was a breath of fresh air itself.

Also, they could try making sense into why feudal Japan in the AC universe should work. Then again, they're the writers, so they'll find a way. But yeah, it'll happen. But then it'll make me think of Total War: Shogun 2 everytime I'll; hear of this feudal AC.

Don't tell me they'll try to do Tenchu? That would be.... AWWW DAMN! Tenchu... god, I would love to see a next-gen Tenchu game..
Okay I went overboard with that XD Well, we'll see if they'll consider doing that kind of AC game.

You got me at Tenchu. Yeah, if AC decides to that path, they'll have competition with games like Shinboi and Tenchu. The question is: can they make it work? That's something we'll have to wait for. As for the feudal Japan AC, sure.

Whenever I think Shinobi I never think stealthy combat. I think the main competition would be from Tenchu.

Nah, you didn't go overboard I'd say "An actual open world Tenchu? Cool!" *Tenchuuuuu wolf howl*

As a matter of fact, I'd refer to that game as Tenchu: Inindo and credit it to From Software. "Wow, they really out did themselves on that new Tenchu, man. You can run all over Edo. It's pretty awesome." And you know what? Everyone else should do the same because they should know better about spamming ninjas.

I thought everyone was getting really tired of this series, I guess not. I have AC2, but I haven't bothered playing it (yet). The games look fun, but with those so many games in a series, it becomes a bit of a daunting task to play through all of them.

I'm not really tired of Assassin's Creed, but it does seem like they're burning the series rapidly with a game a year. I always felt that if they needed to go with a game a year, then keep one game going for two years with the following game being a continuation of the previous. In the case of Assassin's Creed 1 they could've gone with the original then the following year an Act 2 to AC1. Year three would kick off AC2, year four would be AC2 Act 2, etc.

Yeah, we gotta keep a close eye. Ubisoft, so far, haven't released mediocre titles recently. They have delayed titles like Watch_dogs and South Park but all for the good cause of not having disappointing quality. For Assassin's Creed, they got a lot to show for us. We'll see.

Yeah, I agree. they have a lot in store for us.

I'm not really tired of Assassin's Creed, but it does seem like they're burning the series rapidly with a game a year. I always felt that if they needed to go with a game a year, then keep one game going for two years with the following game being a continuation of the previous. In the case of Assassin's Creed 1 they could've gone with the original then the following year an Act 2 to AC1. Year three would kick off AC2, year four would be AC2 Act 2, etc.

That format would've worked for me--although it does sound Capcom-ish to stay on a game when the sequel is expected.

...Assassin's Creed II, Super Assassin's Creed II, Ultra Super Assassin's Creed II.

You make Super Assassin's Creed II and Ultra Super Assassin's Creed II sound like bad things.

Back