Xbox One Two Assassin's Creed games reportedly in development for 2014

Ultra Super Assassin's Creed II couldn't be a bad thing. Super Assassin's Creed III: Anniversary Edition would be. Like sure I get to play as Achilles, but what's the point? Yay I get to scuttle along from location to location and bludgeon people with my walking stick.

That looks like a pretty bold move to me. I think an Assassin's Creed set in China would be pretty dope and original. Especially if they put it into the Three Kingdoms era (where Dynasty Warriors takes place). I think Japan is a bit overdone personally, considering how many Samurai and Ninjas we see in video games these days.

Japan is waaaay past overdone, really. Setting it in China would be cool, I'd be interested in that.

Like sure I get to play as Achilles, but what's the point? Yay I get to scuttle along from location to location and bludgeon people with my walking stick.

Still not seeing the problem with Super AC3: Anniversary Edition.

I don't mind the 2 games, I'm just not a fan of having to buy two. I just don't understand why their making two different games but I guess that their trying to maximize profits instead of splitting them between two generations of consoles. Still I'm not ready to completely write this off until I hear the stories and see the gameplay.

That looks like a pretty bold move to me. I think an Assassin's Creed set in China would be pretty dope and original. Especially if they put it into the Three Kingdoms era (where Dynasty Warriors takes place). I think Japan is a bit overdone personally, considering how many Samurai and Ninjas we see in video games these days.

Sounds like a nice idea. A Chinese assassin? Would do well. But I see it getting banned in China itself. Anything that puts China in jeopardy will just have the China-themed Assassin's Creed banned to the instant.

I'll give China the benefit of the doubt and say Assassin's Creed VI: Dragons In The Dark's Chinese edition would just be AC1 and AC2 edited and given a different subtitle.

Stop already. We don't need two crappy Assassin's Creed games coming out this year. Take your time and make something GOOD and take your time Ubi. Learn from the epic mess that was the BF4 launch. Seems like they kind of rushed that when it should have been kept for QC testing longer!

Stop already. We don't need two crappy Assassin's Creed games coming out this year. Take your time and make something GOOD and take your time Ubi. Learn from the epic mess that was the BF4 launch. Seems like they kind of rushed that when it should have been kept for QC testing longer!

Not really fair to compare Ubi to EA though, besides AC4 was developed in a short cycle and has been praised since its release

Yeah it's not fair to compare the too. EA has screwed up their launches time after time, just see the beleagured Sims franchise to get their take on the buggy mess that game is. Still Ubi has done pretty well in keeping up the quality and until I see more I'm not going to judge whether or not the games are any good. Hopefully they release more info at E3.

I defense of EA and the Sims (sans Sim City), the bugs and glitches happen to be part of the fun in the game for hardcore Sims players (that and modding). If a baby wasn't put in the fish tank or left out on the lawn overnight then it just wouldn't be the Sims.

We don't need two crappy Assassin's Creed games coming out this year.

Oh yes we do :mad:

Take your time and make something GOOD and take your time Ubi. Learn from the epic mess that was the BF4 launch. Seems like they kind of rushed that when it should have been kept for QC testing longer!

Ubisoft is a company that can put out quality while working tight with their projects. It's most likely because they have large teams and have gotten time management down to a science that they're going with annual releases with AC.

Oh yes we do :mad:

Good response, good response. :rolleyes:

Ubisoft is a company that can put out quality while working tight with their projects. It's most likely because they have large teams and have gotten time management down to a science that they're going with annual releases with AC.

They can get a lot done in a seemingly short period (when you have a lot of games coming out and other stuff happening, a year doesn't seem all that long) that games pop up like clockwork almost.

So is the general consensus that Chinese AC would be good, Edo AC would be good but expected, Japan and ninjas have been overdone, and EA is a dirty word and don't call Ubisoft that or compare them?

Pretty much. I feel that Japan had been overdone in games, but most things are overdone in general--games and beyond.

I actually am looking forward to this?

Haha. I'm not looking forward to this at all. I've been into a lot of games lately and there are lots of games that I really look forward to and this isn't one of them.

This is definitely something nice to look forward to this year. Well I hope we can see a trailer soon or maybe the game sooner, Haha. I've been playing assassin's creed for the longest time. One of the best games in the world.

Yeah, we gotta keep a close eye. Ubisoft, so far, haven't released mediocre titles recently. They have delayed titles like Watch_dogs and South Park but all for the good cause of not having disappointing quality. For Assassin's Creed, they got a lot to show for us. We'll see.

Still a lot of promise when it comes to assassin's creed. we just have to wait and see how it goes.

Oh Assassin's Creed has a ton of potential. I think Ubisoft could keep the series going as long as they want, really.

Back