Xbox One Ultimate DRM and Sharing Breakdown

Digital Rights Management....

PS4 has digital and disk DRM, they are both system-wide and without choice by publishers.

Ok. I need a link for that. You are the FIRST person to say this. Are you trying to get cute with your wording?

To anyone else reading this, if you somehow dont know this - the PS4 doesn't have DRM. They have the same system that is sued now for the 360 and PS3. This guy is an XBone fanboy.

Ok. I need a link for that. You are the FIRST person to say this. Are you trying to get cute with your wording?

To anyone else reading this, if you somehow dont know this - the PS4 doesn't have DRM. They have the same system that is sued now for the 360 and PS3. This guy is an XBone fanboy.

Is this a joke?

Of course the PS4 has digital and disk drm, why do you think bootleg discs don't work without a chip?

PS4 has the same digital DRM as PS3 you cannot sell, trade, share or give your games to anyone.

I'm so confused by that family members account thing, with 10 people sharing. They tried so hard to keep you from playing games for free, but they'll let you share every game for free with 'a friend 3000 miles away'?? So now Microsoft has a DRMed system, where sharing games is going to be really easy? I used to think Microsoft was being a jerk about the Xbox One, now I think they're just insane! It's so weird to me that they'd cite an example of the family account thing that seems like an abuse of it, admittedly saying it's sharing with a friend, not a family member. Maybe they think the ability to share games with your friends will lead to more game buying, since you can share with 10 people? I'm so confused.

I'm so confused by that family members account thing, with 10 people sharing. They tried so hard to keep you from playing games for free, but they'll let you share every game for free with 'a friend 3000 miles away'?? So now Microsoft has a DRMed system, where sharing games is going to be really easy? I used to think Microsoft was being a jerk about the Xbox One, now I think they're just insane! It's so weird to me that they'd cite an example of the family account thing that seems like an abuse of it, admittedly saying it's sharing with a friend, not a family member. Maybe they think the ability to share games with your friends will lead to more game buying, since you can share with 10 people? I'm so confused.

Woah woah hold your horses there man, the entire system is built for digital but has DRM to help keep the benefits of sharing, giving and sell without people exploiting it.

* You can choose any 10 people on your friends list to share with.
* Only one person and the owner can access a single game library at a time.
* You can play any of the games as the friends but the owner always has access to their games.
* If you play the same game the friend is restricted to single player but if you play different games you can both play multiplayer.
* There are no distance limits or hardware requirements to do it other than a internet connection.

Basically you can lend their games but you won't get the same control as you would if you owned them yourself.

This looks like the best description of the Sharing plan I've seen. I wish MS would hurry up and release a good FAQ about it, because it's a great benefit of the console's 24hr online check, actually.

Back