Underage Gaming?

SmokinBarrels

From
Connecticut
I find that kids and teenagers are often ridiculed once their voice strikes a mic. Just because a kid is younger than you doesn't mean they are incapable of the same thoughts. I am only 13 years old and I'm not some snot nosed kid with a high pitched voice, I'm just like any other adult that plays BF3, Halo, Fallout, etc. I just think some thought should be put into your decisions about hating kids on Xbox Live. So please next time you judge somebody who is very young please remember we are all not stupid, high pitched freaks. Thank you.

For me, anyway, what annoys me the most isn't you, but your peers to drop slurs and act immature when they lose or win. That's not limited to 13-year-olds either, don't get me wrong. But if I had a nickel for every time one of your classmates called me the f-word or the n-word I could pre-order a 720 right now.

So just keep acting cool, d-bags will be d-bags on the internet.

I never really use Xbox Live, but when my older brother comes home and plays Halo with all his friends across our two xboxs, I usually am able to play. We have our Kinect on the upstairs one and it just automatically acts like a microphone and tells the people in the other room what you're saying. Makes it difficult to be on a team and try to plan a strategy as everything said can be heard by the other people. Before that, though, Xbox Live games were little fun with people stereotyping us young gamers... but, oh well, I guess...

Don't let stereotyping bug you. When you go online, there's a certain environment you are entering and acknowledging that you really don't know what you're going to get yourself into. There's all types of people online.

Well technically you're too young to be playing the game so when somebody your age is online, you're going to be ridiculed if that's the case.

Just ignore it or mute them....that's why it's there. Everybody who started gaming at your age had to go through it, so it's not a big deal.

It's probably most younger gamers have a VERY high pitched voice and think there the best, it is really annoying but that doesn't mean that all of them are bad, id just say in general they are.

I don't think being under age is a problem unless you're like 9 or something. Besides, today's 13 year old in life years and based on how society has changed so drastically, is actually more along the lines of being 18! As for the stuff that gets said, yeah lots of racism, sexism, and "ism's" in general on x box live. But people by nature will say what they can get away with when they can get away with it. Online is not face to face so that's what happens. Much like Cat fishing, you think you're talking to a hot girl. And you're actually not. It's her less attractive younger sister, friend, or in some cases her MOM! So the internet will always be full of anti-social screwballs in some aspects.

I do not think youths under age eighteen need to worry about a thing. I think though, it would probably be best, for safety reasons, to play with other youths. I do not think it is safe to play with all adults. Some of these adults might be pedophiles. If you have some friends that go to your school, it might be best to play with them.

It's usually when said teenager starts acting ridiculous that they get crap. If you're not being whiny or acting immature (or throwing out slurs, etc), then I don't usually hear those people being given crap. It sucks if you still do, but just ignore them when you can.

Is really hard to find someone that is underage and is a good sport when gaming. It's seems that all the kids nowadays are fueled by pure hatred and rage when playing online. At least that is what i been experiencing the last couple of years.

Well if life is going bad for you in any aspect you seek out something that'll boost your morale. If your girlfriend broke up with you, your recent job interview said they aren't gonna hire you, and you broke your favorite mug this morning. You figure, well....at least I still have X-Box live. And then you lose a game and that is like the breaking point to a bad day or week. So your opponent gets the brunt of your pent up rage.

I don't think all underage gamers are bad, but the majority are very insulting and cuss a lot. A lot of these people are influenced by their peers and will walk around saying "Oh hello you f--king n---er" because they think it's cool, when it's just annoying. If you look up "12 year old troll videos" on YouTube, you'll probably understand why underage gamers can be annoying.

Although I do not really favor underage gaming, I think that if you have a grown mentality, then you should be welcomed. I say this because my nephew is also 13 years old. He is so immature. He actually irritates all of the older folk. During some video games, people often tell him to log off. He laughs, keeps playing and tries to be even more obnoxious. This is why a lot of the adults look down on younger aged individuals. It is the young immature and foolish behavior of some that cause judgment on others. I am not stating that it is right to judge. But this is why some people are judging your age before they get to know you and if you are mature or not. You seem very mature. Ignore those whom pass judgement.

This is really a subject that changes with time. When I was young, I always thought I was incredibly cool for playing M rated games and above, and playing online. Though today, as someone who is 21 years old, I get irritated when I have to listen to Junior scream about someone killing him or how someone's being unfair. There's a reason the game is rated MATURE. While the community itself isn't always that, I do enjoy playing Call of Duty or Gears of War without listening to someone who just sucked a balloon full of helium calling me racist words. It's probably best to keep your mic on mute when playing in public lobbies, unless you know you're gonna be playing with friends in Party Chat, or you're going to expect a lot of hate from other users.

Common guys, lets be fair to the 13 year olds even though most of the time if not all the of the time they kind of act immature -well they are 13- doesn't mean that they don't have feelings and love for gaming. Back in the day when we were busy playing Nintendo there was nothing like live gaming, but I'm sure if there was, we wouldn't have hesitated to play live, so lets give the young bloods a chance to enjoy themselves, shall we?

Common guys, lets be fair to the 13 year olds even though most of the time if not all the of the time they kind of act immature -well they are 13- doesn't mean that they don't have feelings and love for gaming. Back in the day when we were busy playing Nintendo there was nothing like live gaming, but I'm sure if there was, we wouldn't have hesitated to play live, so lets give the young bloods a chance to enjoy themselves, shall we?

Doesn't justify them screaming immature comments out loud. Some of the players aren't even 13 years old, they could be at least 7 from what I see and the tone of their voices. Either stop talking or be mature.

Or maybe they're 30 or something but just sound 7. I've met bodybuilders who have the squeaky voices of a 13 year old! It's crazy but true! Can you imagine if the "child" you think you're playing against, is some guy in his mid 20's who just has a vocal cord issue because of too many roids or weight lifting?

There are a lot of young children who give a really bad impression of all the others. Kids get angry and aggressive whilst playing games that they shouldn't be playing because it makes them crazy. Therefore whenever adults hear a high pitched 13 year old speaking, they just can't be bothered to hear their rage expressed every time they lose or re spawn or whatever. Just make sure you make it clear that you're a good sport whilst playing and you should get along fine with everyone else, young and old. If not, just stick to playing with your peers.

I think when it comes to any video game people should be good sports. X-BOX Live is different from a tournament or tournaments. There's no money involved here. No big cash prize or purse is on the line. It's one thing to get testy when cash is at stake. But when it's not, why waste the energy and create such negative karma?

Anyone who judges you based solely on your age is a dick themselves.

Back