Underage Gaming?

I know kids younger than 13 that play better than some adults at these games. However I'm not so sure they should vocally be part of whatever conversation that's going on. I think at 13 they can follow the conversation but any younger they should just stick to playing.

I don't play live that often, part of the reason being school. I used to only be 1 month memberships for the summer, but I never get time to play nowadays. And I always got pissed when I lose, so I saved myself the agony and stopped playing live. I might purchase it again when/if I get the new Xbox One, it really depends how good it is though. Also, I know I might sound like a sore loser, but whenever I would lose to kids, I'd get even more angry :p

I honestly hate using the kinect as a mic. Sometimes I forget its set up that way when someone is playing and there we are, chatting away about personal stuff forgetting the darn thing is on and people can hear us. Thank god it's not set up so they can actually SEE us when we forget as well. That would be seriously creepy.

I've heard some little kids fighting with each other over the kinect before. " I hate you! I'm trying to get away from a creeper!" It's pretty comical.

My son was playing mindcraft and all of a sudden I hear this Whiney voice come out of the tv " I haaaaaaate you guys. Why aren't you guys listening to meeeeee?!" It was pretty funny.

There's quite a number of these kids that act way too immature even for their ages. I really wished parents wouldn't buy a 10 year old a rated M game, most are clearly not mature enough. Most of the time I play a game of any Call of Duty, there's constant underage children screaming and cursing throughout the whole game. This makes the game so annoying and unbearable. I know that there's a mute button, but it's still annoying to hear.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this, especially since for every kid your age being an idiot there are at least two twice your age acting the same way. Live is honestly full of trolls and immature idiots and the larger percentage of them don't have the excuse of being a child - at least a kid can grow out of their idiocy. Oh well - soon enough your voice will drop and then they'll discriminate against some other poor kid.

I find that the real problem with underage kids is that they have no respect, they are bad sports, and they take games WAY to seriously. They don't play games to have fun, they play to level up and to win. Also they tend to be immature and quite annoying. If you act mature and you are not a squeaker then you will be treated with respect.

Earlier my husband was playing black ops with what sounded like an eight year old and a 65 year old man haha

Worse is when you're a gamer girl who is underage. My friend's sister who is 15 years old plays HALO and is actually pretty good at it .When they heard she talks first time,they were like 'woah...you're a girl??how old are you again'.

I find that kids and teenagers are often ridiculed once their voice strikes a mic. Just because a kid is younger than you doesn't mean they are incapable of the same thoughts. I am only 13 years old and I'm not some snot nosed kid with a high pitched voice, I'm just like any other adult that plays BF3, Halo, Fallout, etc. I just think some thought should be put into your decisions about hating kids on Xbox Live. So please next time you judge somebody who is very young please remember we are all not stupid, high pitched freaks. Thank you.

Agreed not all young kids are idiotic.

The problem that I have at least is that underaged gaming causes huge problems with censorship and rights. School shootings and death threats are ALWAYS linked to video games. After that the media has a field day bashing video games and the court system draws up bills to ban violent games. Of course video games aren't ever the reason for school shootings but irresponsible parents are never going to blame themselves. It's a slew of underlying reasons for the trouble the gaming community is facing and it wouldn't be fair for me to say that you shouldn't ask your mom to buy you Battlefield 4 when the media is going to bash regardless.

Yeah it's definitely annoying when you are on Call Of Duty Multiplayer and some little kid is swearing at you. It is pretty bothersome but in all honesty there isn't much that can be done besides from blocking IPs of known underage gamers but what will that achieve? Gotta live with the little ones I guess.

I don't have anything against kids playing games.
What I dislike is when they are screaming in the mics, I really don't like it because it is rather annoying.
Some acts immature however I really don't care aslong as they are not taking it too far.

I expect young kids to be playing on xbox live. They have the most free time to burn so they'll populate the online gaming community. I used to play games online when I was in my pre-teen years and early teenage years. How can anyone complain about this? These games are supposed to be fun and kids are all about having fun. It's really a non-issue to me.

That group of little kids have sure made a stereotype. Sure, there's a number of younger gamers who don't scream in their mic with their high pitched voices, but there's a significant number that does. Most of the time in whatever lobby i'm in, there's one of those annoying kids. I mute them straight up, but it's annoying just thinking that they're there. It's an obvious sign that these people are not mature enough, yet they're still playing a game made for mature people.

I kinda think kids on XBL can be fun just because they're so imaginative haha. Where older gamers often just play the game as is. I don't really mind it and if there are annoying ones it doesn't take much time to mute.

As long as you arent one of the kids who likes to scream over the mic and use "naughty words", but instead present yourself respectfully, then i really dont have a problem with kids playing games. I think its a great way to keep entertained, just try not to get sucked into it :p

I kinda think kids on XBL can be fun just because they're so imaginative haha. Where older gamers often just play the game as is. I don't really mind it and if there are annoying ones it doesn't take much time to mute.

I feel the same way sometimes. These young kids think outside of the box a lot more than some of the adults. Our minds become so regimented and socially programmed with age that it is a little refreshing to see and hear the young people play the games. Good point.

I think that age doesn't make the difference in skills... some of the kids are better than the adults. Honestly, to me it doesn't matter if you are 10 or 40, if you are acting immature and silly then you are too young to be on the game. That's what irritates a lot of people is the maturity level, and a lot of people are expecting immaturity when they hear a teenager pop up on the mic.

I think that age doesn't make the difference in skills... some of the kids are better than the adults. Honestly, to me it doesn't matter if you are 10 or 40, if you are acting immature and silly then you are too young to be on the game. That's what irritates a lot of people is the maturity level, and a lot of people are expecting immaturity when they hear a teenager pop up on the mic.

I agree that a lot of these kids are superior to the adults. But part of the reason why is that kids don't have anything to do except their six hours of school. That leaves a ton of free time to master video games. I was probably a more devoted and skilled gamer when I was in my early teens just because I had the free time to devote to the hobby. So, a lot of the kids are a challenge to go up against in certain games.

Age is but a number that merely shows how long you've lived and how close you are to death.
One of my friends had a relative who was only in grade 6 and owned many M rated shooting games (CoD, Halo, you name it) on his 360. He was more mature than the 17 year old brats who talk trash. Maturity is all from experience, and I guess this guy I'm talking about is quite mature for his age. He respects other people online, but rarely talks because people think he's too young to play since his voice is so high. There was this one time though, where he talked online with an adult and got praised for being a mature youngin and not talking trash or crying online.

Back