Underage Gaming?

I don't have a problem with underage gaming. I mean I play lots of sports games, and there is always a kid half my age giving me a run for my money. Age means absolutely nothing when you are talking about gaming.

I agree with you. Just because kids are miss-judged doesn't mean we're whiny and pathetic. I do see some kids act like complete snobs and that really makes me feel sad. I feel really happy when people who act professional and don't annoy people get treated right. I hate it when people who make kids look bad act so important. Xbox Live should make like a special game server for the kids who act professional so all the annoying people don't get in our lobbies. (I heard they were adding that feature in the Xbox One)

I know some older gamers are cool with younger players and some just hate that they are playing rated M games and such. I don't think younger players ruin gameplay. Younger player have moves too and I have been gaming since I was a kid so I don't know why some older gamers feel the need to be ageist. Just keep playing and never mind those old cruds who are jealous of your youth!

I have some online friends who are kinda young but they can be really immature and retarded at times but they're still fun people to play with.

The simple fact that you made this thread and had to explain to us that you're an adult sort of let's us know that you're underage. Still, I don't blame you for making such a thread because you did the responsible thing. You saw a problem and you decided to give it a solution, or explanation for it, rather. If you act maturely and do not have this "high-pitched voice" or so, then you have nothing to worry about. People in this world judge everyone and when you give anonymity to a bunch of users and put them together in an online room, there is bound to be a flame war. People with no faces will say whatever they want because they know you can't get to them. Imagine it as if you went to prison but you were a visitor and you see all these inmates behind bars. You walk by, and you can make funny faces at them but they can't do anything. In fact, these prisoners won't ever be able to do anything because they are in a whole different place than you and the only thing that connects you to them is cyberspace. So don't worry about people and keep on gaming :)

My son was playing mindcraft and all of a sudden I hear this Whiney voice come out of the tv " I haaaaaaate you guys. Why aren't you guys listening to meeeeee?!" It was pretty funny.

Ha-ha. I do laugh when I hear that too. It's more often that I should hear it but I sort of don't mind because it has a comedic element to it, you have to admit. I think a lot of young kids go on there to get their voices heard and get the attention that they crave so desperately.

I don't think it has anything to do with us hating you because you're 13. I personally couldn't care less if you're playing. It's the little kids with the high pitched voices that scream into the mic that annoys the crap out of me. But hey, there are always going to be little s*!ts on Live. It is what it is. There are grown up idiots on there too. This is why I typically don't play with a headset unless I'm in party chat. If I do hear annoying people, I just mute them and look them up and avoid that player on live. No biggie.

Maybe you are the exception, maybe you're a troll just like the rest of them. Regardless one semi-mature preteen doesn't make up do the vast majority and it never will.

My opinion: let kids play the games but dammit parents stop buying your young kids headsets! And you wonder why they get cussed out...

Edit: the funniest part is where kids get cussed out by older players, usually myself, and the parents jump on talking about MY language. ***** where were you when your kid was cussing me our and did you read next to the M on the back where it says this game has STRONG LANGUAGE?!?! Te problem isn't the kids, more the parents. If the kid is 13 who's buying the game here? Hmmmm...

I like the idea of letting the kids play online but taking the headset away. If only all parents would abide by that policy then the world would be a better place. Maybe they should force you to show ID to prove that you are over a certain age when you go to buy the headset or something. Like anyone under 16 is not allowed to purchase a headset.

I think now would be a good time to take a step back and for everyone to call the elephant and elephant. Younger players with high pitched voices aren't a problem with Xb Live. Younger and Older players alike have the same rights to gaming while some younger players should be monitored by their parents (just how I feel, my mom did that to me, the way ti goes).

Because its an environement where the consequences are very very light, younger players tend to say things that go beyond trash talking, but instead are hurtful and rash. Its a chance for them to act out. This is not a blanket statement. This does not apply to all younger players. What this is, is simple psychology. If you have a spot where you can do a behavior that's exciting and wrong with no consequence then there are going to be people that do that. There's also no way of seeing the person on the other side who 4 out of 5 times is probably just annoyed, but that 1 out of 5 is hurt.

That's not to say that adult gamers don't do this.

We all should respect each other as gamers and provide good experiences because of that respect. The people on this forum are very likely to be the people who have great public game experiences with each other. The people on this forum are probably the people who also get annoyed at racial or mean spirited things being said without remorse over xbox live.

When something is wrong, its wrong no matter what age. So to the younger gamers that don't fall into these lines, then keep doing what you're doing, you're representing your youth, your people well. To those adults who are annoyed and taking it out on every young gamer, that's wrong to do as well, but venting needs to happen sometimes, watch out for that gray line stuff; its hard to tell which side you're on sometimes.

Finally, live long and game hard and you'll find great sets of long term game buddies.

A lot of people can relate with playing with kids on shooter games such as CoD. While it may be quite annoying, some find it very entertaining to make these kids "rage" over the internet. Through experience, it's appalling, how parents don't look at the age rating of games and just give it to their elementary school kids. I wouldn't let my kids play online until they have become a bit more mature. I myself started playing Counter Strike when I was 4 years old (not a lie), and I know how annoying kids can be (because I was an annoying one when I was small, now that I look back at it). Sounds kind of contradictory, but hey, you learn from your mistakes and past, no?

I find that kids and teenagers are often ridiculed once their voice strikes a mic. Just because a kid is younger than you doesn't mean they are incapable of the same thoughts. I am only 13 years old and I'm not some snot nosed kid with a high pitched voice, I'm just like any other adult that plays BF3, Halo, Fallout, etc. I just think some thought should be put into your decisions about hating kids on Xbox Live. So please next time you judge somebody who is very young please remember we are all not stupid, high pitched freaks. Thank you.

I'm sorry, but at 13 years old, you aren't "just like any other adult." There's a BIG difference in the maturity level of a 13 year-old and the maturity level of say, a 23 or 33 year-old. Also, there's a M-rating on games for a reason and I don't know of many M-rated games that are truly appropriate for 13 year-olds. If you're going to play a game that's meant for an adult in an environment dominated by adults, you're going to have to wear adult shoes, meaning you're going to have to be able to handle it when adults start talking crap. That's a part of it.

It's like car insurance. It doesn't matter if you're doing it, inevitably you will be judged based on what so many other people your age and gender do. Which on this case is troll up a storm.

I just hate their screaming threw the mic and they always want to do their own thing.

This is what happens when kids get to play video games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OblM0Wb0ZRM

There really is no reason for kids to be playing these games, or at least online. I can understand kids playing singleplayer as long as it doesnt affect them but i think online is the part that really corrupts kids. Little kids have to argue with teenagers making fun of them and then they try to mimic them. Honestly i think kids playing online is probably the worst parts of it.

Kids playing on games really annoy me. It probably wouldnt be much of a problem if it wasn't for the mic's though. I noticed that many on GTA 5 online sound too young to be playing it. I really think some parents have lost their morals by letting their kids play it. Games definetely can have positive effects and be a good source of entertainment I think, and it's probably fair enough if they are 17 or even 16 to play a game like GTA, but how can a game that has sex, violence and drugs all in one be healthy for a 12 year old? Nope!

It is actions, not voice, that makes people judge. Well, at least that is the case with me. I don't care what age you are if you aren't acting a fool. I'm not want to judge people based on the majority, but I know a lot of people do. I understand where you are coming from in that respect.

Back