Original Xbox What did you like the most about the Xbox?

I loved the fact that the Xbox had a large built in hard drive and that you could rip songs off cds and play them right off of the system. This was revolutionary and set the standard for future consoles to have more "pc" like features.

Aside from Halo and Star Wars, I loved the start up intro for the Xbox. But most of all, is that it had Conker: Live & Reloaded. Multiplayer was one of my most fondest monuments of playing on the Xbox.

I liked that it had Halo :p

^THIS

Lol, all my friends and I did was go to my house and split screen all night and play. THEN I discovered Xbox Live and oh my goodness, say goodbye to my free time.

It just gave me a lot of memories playing with friends and other random friends from around the world. Met some cool people. I miss those days...

The feeling i got when i went to my friends house to skip school and turn on his xbox. And than when we were done, we could just turn on a movie and relax.

At the time, I loved that you could upload your own music to it. As far as I know, none of the other consoles allowed that at the time. I thought that was awesome.

Definitely Halo.
A close friend of mine had the Xbox and Halo 1 and we spent hundreds of hours playing the Campaign mode and then the multiplayer. A few months later Halo 2 was announced and as soon as I heard that I went out and bought the console.
I also really liked the controller since the Dualshock 1 wasn't the best controller ergonomically speaking.

The collection of action games. I have always felt that Xbox had the best action games for its console. I have enjoyed every Xbox game i have gotten from that genre.

At the time it seemed to be the best one available. I had played on other ones but I found Play Station the one that I liked the best.

Definitley the controller and the performance!

Being able to play Doom 3 with great graphics on your Xbox was amazing.

I've always preferred the Xbox controller over the PS controller as I have quite large hands, and the Xbox controller fit like a glove.

First of if the graphics, I've played with a PS2 before and when I got my Xbox I was blown away on how the graphics were a notch better than the PS2. I also love the controller because of the analog sticks, I never really liked the placement of the PS2's analog sticks.

I really think that in its time that the original xbox was the greatest thing that had ever happen to gaming. I really liked the Xbox live. I mean that is where I really got into playing video games online and I must say that it was a life changing and video gaming experience at that time.

For me it was the introduction of online play on a console, I know it was available on other previously but I had never tried it.
Add to that a great selection of titles made made use of the online and it was a great experience for me.

The graphics at the time were up to par and the look of the Xbox far surpassed any other systems during that generation. The exclusives were well worth it and all my friends had an Xbox, so I figured I'd join the bandwagon.

The graphics were the best, but the PlayStation proved that graphics weren't that important. PS2 had the worst graphics but most and best exclusives.

Regardless, the Xbox proved that FPSes worked on consoles with Halo. That greatly affected the industry. It's pretty amazing.

The games and the graphics really hooked me and still have me interested. Having Halo was a big plus too!

It was a gift and that would make it the greatest show on earth when you don't have to purchase it!

I really liked the custom soundtracks. I thought it was a groundbreaking feature back then. I had always wanted to listen to my own music in-game. If I recall correctly, I think this was the first and only home system at the time offering that feature.

I really liked the custom soundtracks. I thought it was a groundbreaking feature back then. I had always wanted to listen to my own music in-game. If I recall correctly, I think this was the first and only home system at the time offering that feature.

Wow, OG Xbox had that feature? I didn't know, that's pretty amazing really.

Back