Xbox 360 What is the longest gaming session you've ever had?

jardantuan

Non-stop gaming only, so getting up to take a ten minute break doesn't count. If you had to stop to use the bathroom, or get a drink/snack, then fair enough, but stopping for half an hour to cook or eat a meal doesn't count as a single session.

Personally, the best I've ever managed is about 9 hours, starting at 9am in the morning and ending at 6pm when I finally had something to eat. I'd not long had Tales of Vesperia, and the story was starting to get interesting - my brother and I couldn't tear ourselves away from it.

Sadly, I haven't had long periods of time of late to play games, so I haven't pulled off any marathons of that magnitude for a while.

The longest gaming session I've ever had was an all nighter, which was probably from 8 pm to 9 am in the morning. We were playing Halo on the original Xbox and it was awesome. We had a bunch of T.v's set up in every room of the house we were at with about 15 of my friends. The second longest gaming session I've ever had was probably 6 hours by myself with GTA5.

Probably around 12 hours, but that's Skyrim on launch day so it shouldn't count.

humm...

i beat forza horizon in 2 days from launch. the first day i made decent progress slept in started at 3pm and finished around 9am the next day. i turned the game off and have yet to look at it again. i still think it is a horrible racing game to this day.

As far as non stop gaming, I have probably not gone more than 12 hours straight. I know as a kid, I would bring meals up to my rooms when I was gaming. But I never went as far as to pull all nighters gaming.

Probably only 3 or 4 hours. I don't remember playing video games for absurdly long periods of time, but I'm sure I have. I do remember getting pretty far in Army of Two after renting it from Blockbuster. The good 'ol days!

I think the longest I've ever managed in a single session was about 12 hours, but that did include bathroom breaks, ha ha. A normal gaming session for me is anywhere from two to four hours in the evenings after work, but I can usually get 6 hours or better in on the weekends.

Seems the average of people going for "non-stop" sessions is about twelve hours or so. I'd have to say it's about the same for me. On a few different occasions. Just to name a few, I remember spending WAY to much time when Skyrim was released, playing at midnight and not getting off till sometime into the late afternoon. Other then that, I also played XCOM: Enemy Unknown for hours upon hours just like I did with Skyrim.

I have some weekends where I'll go through 6-12 in two days. I wish I had as much time as I seemed to have back in college.

I think it was close to 13-14 hours during a LAN gaming tournament in college. Thanks to a scheduling issues a bunch of our matches ended up being set up for the same day. Apart from bathroom breaks I didn't get up during the entire time. The worst part is we lost in the semis the next day partly because we were too tired (and mainly because the other team were much better)

Other than that 8-9 hour long sessions were pretty common back in college. I don't think I've played for over 3-4 hours at a stretch in over 1 and a half years now.

I can't count how many sleepless nights I spent playing halo 2. That was the good life, no responsibilities and all the time in the world. Lol I really miss being 13.

I can't count how many sleepless nights I spent playing halo 2. That was the good life, no responsibilities and all the time in the world. Lol I really miss being 13.

You and me both, my friend. It was nice being a kid with little to no responsiblities besides getting up and going to school. Then, when you got home you could just spend the rest of the evening playing video games, even more so if the Console was in your room instead of the living room or something. I can't remember how many times I fell asleep in class solely because I didn't get to bed until 5:30 in the morning or so when I was playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Such damn good times.

Couldn't tell you precisely, but probably no longer than 10-12 hours max.. Tended to start at night and didn't put it down til sunrise the next day. Lol, childhood. I still lose some time in video games when I've the time, but it won't be half-day long marathons anymore, more like 2-3 hours max nowadays.

I remember playing approximately eight to ten hours on some days shortly after Gta5 was released. I never had these long gaming sessions ever before, though I have to admit that I lost interest in playing the game after I finished the story line and side missions.

I think Halo 2 has my achievement as well. The longest I ever spent in a single gaming station occurred the night that Halo 2 dropped. My friend and I went and picked it up (with my mother--high school, haha) and when we got back we popped it into the XBOX and sat there and played through the entire campaign on the mid difficulty, I believe. Towards the end I was starting to fade pretty fast but we still managed to just about beat the game in a single sitting. So much Mt. Dew consumed. So much XBOX. Would be a great commercial, I think.

I think the best I've done is about 4 hours. Maybe longer with friends, but that isn't me gaming constantly (4+ people means trading controllers)

Probably when I skipped school and work to play like 10hrs of GTAV on launch day.

There was on time in college where I had sat up for nearly 12 hours playing fifa ultimate team. I made a lot of progress and got to division 1 but Im not so sure it was worth it. I fell asleep in nearly all of my classes and was clumsy as hell. Sometimes you just need to cut yourself off!

Back