Xbox 360 What is the longest gaming session you've ever had?

That's a good point, it's mainly the PC version. The console version is more of a break from whatever I'm playing at the moment.

For me, it had to be Final Fantasy VII (7). Me and my best friend played that game for like three days straight with no sleep, it was the longest I've ever stayed awake in my life and it actually took me a good week to recover lol!

Final Fantasy VII was the first game that I learned that RPGs weren't for two players to enjoy. I did that with Super Mario RPG but that was at a time when my brother and I were younger and would sit and watch the other play. When we got FFVII a few years after it came out (2) we both had more to do at the time and two players wasn't working.

It was a similar case with Xenogears. It was my friend's first RPG and my brother and I were reading it quickly but he was behind. Then I said "RPGs aren't communal games. They're for like...one person at a time."

RPGs are so not for multiplayers. An MMORPG, yes. A table top RPG, of course. But not a console RPG. Even if it has co-op it gets sketchy.

RPGs are so not for multiplayers. An MMORPG, yes. A table top RPG, of course. But not a console RPG. Even if it has co-op it gets sketchy.

Thing is, we actually told him that. He told him to take the game home and play it. He insisted on watching and was dozing off. If you don't get to play it yourself and you're watching someone else or waiting your turn it just ain't going to work :mad:

...and if you have to play an RPG with someone, make sure it's a someone with RPG experience. Even Pokemon experience, they'll have decent knowledge of a turnbased game.

An average gaming session for me is about 4-6 hours, but a non-stop session? I can easily do 12 hours no restroom or sleeping, but my record is 18 hours although I did have to stand up and moving around a bit because limbs were falling asleep, but yeah - I don't think I'll do better or worst than that.

I hadn't even considered what an average session is for me. I can say 2-3 hours depending on how much I get into the game, the genre, and how well paced it is. A game like Mass Effect would take much longer in a session for me because it's paced slower than say Oblivion, Skyrim, or DA: Origins for me.

A regular session for me is about 2-4 hours and my longest was the first time I played RDR. I think I played for 6 hours straight.

An average session for me would be 2 hours even. On the weekend it would be longer obviously.

The whole day (12 or 15 hours).

By the way I still remember days when I was young and played games with my friends until 3 am (that was hardcore back then!). Parents told us to go to sleep and we did so. But 2 hours later we were playing again xD

I've had one gaming session when I had friends over from across the country. Anyways, it ended up being just me playing COD for a good 7 hours from 10pm to 9am whilst trying to prestiege.

I ended up just not sleeping until the next night, and managed to finish a few things the next day without causing a huge mess.

Longest session was probably around 12 hours. I got into this competitive, back-and-forth situation with my roommate while playing super smash bros on the wii. I think we were so exhausted after that session that we both slept through the entire day. We certainly got a huge laugh out of it in the future though :p

The longest gaming session I can recall having was when my friends and I decided to go for the endless setlist achievement in Rockband 2. We started playing songs at about 6:30 P.M and finished up at about 3:30 A.M. It may not be quite as long as most people, but I was playing drums for each song, so by the end, my arms were exhausted and I just wanted sleep. I do believe it was worth it, however.

I think once I spend around 10 hours playing Xenogears. I don't think I would be able to do that now, I get tired of games a lot faster and often don't even finish them.

My longest session was probably close to 15 hours, back during the burning crusade. We had a kara raid scheduled the same day so I did not go to sleep and just grinded mats at skettis for my tailoring set until then.

The longest game session that I have ever had was one time when I played my xbox360 from 3:00pm until like 5am the next day. I swear that after I was done with that my eyes were literally puffy red a swollen.

I did an all nighter once but I will never do that again! I think total was around 10 hours and by the end I barely had my eyes open and it threw my sleep patter off for like 3 days. But really the worst thing about it was that when I got really tired I became much worse and it ruined my K/D ratio

Once, I had a straight 12 hour long CS Lan party. Oh man the nostalgia. Those were the days.

Hmm...I think in all my life, probably a full day, as in, a full twenty four hours when I couldn't sleep so I just kept playing. Wouldn't recommend it as I was exhausted the next day and ended up sleeping for a full twelve hours straight.

Back