Xbox 360 What is the longest gaming session you've ever had?

Mine was probably on GTA V when it first came out. I played it for about twelve hours straight, then twelve more the next day! I was in love from the beginning, as I am with every GTA game. I usually don't play for long sessions at a time due to school and responsibilities, but I had some time on my hands for a while and figured I'd play the day away!

First time playing Oblivion and I saved after like 16 hours at the end of the session.

Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 have probably all been 15-20 hours in a single session. I'm pretty sure I did my Hardcore and Insanity runs in Mass Effect one the same day one after another. Skipped all non-essential missions and hammered through it. ME3, I had been playing all day when I got to the Cerberus Base that is the point of no return. The last two missions took me hours and it was after 6am when I finished the main game. I was so excited to see how it ended that I didn't want to stop - if I had known how long the missions were and how slow I'd be on my Insanity run I'd have left it off another day. Going to work for 9am the next day I felt like a zombie.

My longest was only five hours but it was fun while it lasted. I had to take the dog out and he wasn't going to wait for me to play for 12 hours or even eight.

I think I might've spent close to eight or nine hours playing Runescape a couple of times back in the day. So much time put into a game that's pretty much ruined now...

The longest game session that I have ever had lasted about 7 hours while playing Fallout 3. I was practically in love with that game when it was first released. I have never had a game session that long before or since that one time.

Ah easy to answer but nothing special, the most I have ever managed is around 8 hours. I just cannot imagine being in the same place, or even inside for that long. In that case I was having a great streak on COD, which is something that is as rare as a blue moon, so decided to ride my luck for as long as it would take me. I do have to say, doing these things once in a while is fine, but I do think that the gaming community does really need to look after their health a lot better. A fair few of my gaming friends spend far too long indoors on their consoles, and that simply is not healthy for them. Already having a horrible diet, we could do with all the exercise we can handle if we are being honest with ourselves.

24 hours! I was a lot younger (university) and time was plenty, why not game? ;)
The game I played was Oblivion, yay for open world RPG's! Good thing I fell asleep playing, that game is so immense that I could've easily spent a few more days questing my way through Cyrodiil.

i would have to say 8 hours of gaming lol. yeah i know i had nothing to do at the time i just got comfortable playing in the couch.

10 hours or so during some super interesting story games, usually though I take breaks and watch an episode of anime between sessions or I hang out with friends or whatever.

24 hours! I was a lot younger (university) and time was plenty, why not game? ;)
The game I played was Oblivion, yay for open world RPG's! Good thing I fell asleep playing, that game is so immense that I could've easily spent a few more days questing my way through Cyrodiil.

Please tell me that you were taking breaks and it wasn't 24 hours straight

Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 have probably all been 15-20 hours in a single session. I'm pretty sure I did my Hardcore and Insanity runs in Mass Effect one the same day one after another. Skipped all non-essential missions and hammered through it. ME3, I had been playing all day when I got to the Cerberus Base that is the point of no return. The last two missions took me hours and it was after 6am when I finished the main game. I was so excited to see how it ended that I didn't want to stop - if I had known how long the missions were and how slow I'd be on my Insanity run I'd have left it off another day. Going to work for 9am the next day I felt like a zombie.

I couldn't do that with Mass Effect games, I'm such a completionist in those, I have to do every side quest, every loyalty mission, scan every planet, etc.
It's not that I need the exp or the credits, it just doesn't feel right to skip the loyalty missions in ME2 for example, my team members asked for my help!

Wow, those 24 hour sessions people mention... that's insane. My latest long session was DkS2 for about 8 hours (with lots of breaks) because I was rushing NG++ to get all achievements (on PC, because of Playfire Rewards, basically getting paid to play). I've been keeping track of my gaming more lately and the most I do is about 3-4 hours per session. Even when I played Deadly Premonition recently, which is a game that hooks me, I did 3-4 hour sessions... then a long break and maybe come back for a 1-2 hour session. That's only because I have a lot of free time at the moment.

I think the longest I've ever had was probably like 10 hours or so.
Basically I had Arkham Asylum sitting around for a while but I never actually played it and one saturday morning I just decied to try it out and ended up playing through the whole thing that day.
I try to stay away from long gaming sessions because it can get a bit boring or just waste way too much time but it can be hard sometimes when there is a really good game.

Fable 2 and it was for 12 hours... That's how long it took me to finish it.. I was pretty young back then which is the only excuse I have. It was fun though but I'll never do that again. Also back then I used to get heavy motion sickness if I played for too long which is the main reason I don't do it again.

I think I was a legend when I was a kid because my older brother had got the new game at the time and it was Gears of War 2 and it was a school night and I waited till everyone went to sleep and I played it till 1 am to 8 am and I was too tired to even pay attention in class and when it was lunch recess I slept the whole 40 minutes. That is the craziest gaming session by myself I have had, the second biggest session I had was with my friends last summer and it was eight hours, we were all on Skype and were playing a variety of ranked matches and ranked teams the game was League of Legends, those were the days.

I think it depends a lot on the type of game you are playing, I don't think anyone can a a Madden 12 hour session, but if you play Civ V for example, it's very easy to lose track of time...

I generally do 5-6 hours a day, but I don't spend it on a single game. Anyway the longest game I played was Demon's Souls for 14 hours straight. I had a few chocolate bars popcorn and mountain dew. I suggest, you eat foods high in sugar and if you ever feel tired emerge your head into cold water. It is important to be well fed and hydrated for a marathon.

I think I've done something like 16 hours once at a LAN I went to. I didn't end up sleeping for three days or something. I still have long gaming sessions but never like that. I still regularly pull 4 hour Dota sessions with my friends.

I don't like to game for too long. I remember that the longest time I ever spent gaming was about six hours. I think the game was Onimusha Dawn of Dreams where I completed the 100 levels challenge. It's all coming back to me, I started at 8 pm and finished it at 2 am. Once I'm done, I saved and went to bed immediately because I was so tired.

Well I have set my new best a few nights ago and I think that I was playing game for up to 6 hours or a little bit over that. I know that was really long and I will tell you that I am not to proud of myself, but when I am playing GTA 5 I can sit and play for hours and hours without ever thinking or seeing the time passing me by.

Back