Xbox One Will you buy Call of Duty Ghosts?

The more I see of this game the more it interests me.
I am loving the idea of having a dog companion I hope we get to command it.
As for pre-order I am not sure which console I will be buying it for (3rd gen or 4th gen),so I can't really say at this point in time but I will be getting it.

The more I see of this game the more it interests me.
I am loving the idea of having a dog companion I hope we get to command it.
As for pre-order I am not sure which console I will be buying it for (3rd gen or 4th gen),so I can't really say at this point in time but I will be getting it.

Have to agree with you. Seeing the new trailer released really excited me for the release of it.
The dog is probably going to die though, which is unfortunate. All games are like this. One important main character, or animal dies. It's going to be sad and unpredictable though.
Still, I can't wait for the release of it. I don't know if I'm going to actually preorder it, but if it catches my eye again, I probably will.

I haven't made my final decision yet, but I think I probably will. I've bought every release since Modern Warfare 2 and if I had to guess I'd bet that streak will continue.

However, I'm eager to see actual footage from the game and more in terms of multiplayer before I make a final decision. I wasn't too impressed with Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 3 and I'm concerned that this game will have a load of issues like that one did. For me, MW3's only redeeming quality was the point system for killstreaks. Then Treyarch came and did them one better with the score system. I'm betting for Ghosts they'll go a new direction or one similar to MW3 rather than sticking with what works.

This might be me being picky, but I've always hated Infinity Ward's multiplayer scoreboards. They always only show the bare minimum. Kills, Deaths and Assists. What about flag caps? What about defends? Treyarch made huge improvements here and I hope IW uses those in this new game.

Heck yes I am. The game looks great! I love what they are doing with the franchise and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. The whole dog system really interests me too. It would be nice to have dogs in the game other than you shooting them in the face. But yeah I am definitely going to pick up this game.

Yeah! But I think I'll wait a bit before I buy, especially because I think I'd rather buy it directly for the 4th gen console. It's amazing how much they are impoving with every new game launching. Plus, this one has that sense of guerrilla warfare which is much more appealing to me than what we're used to seeing in war FPS games.

Of course I will. COD was a classic on Xbox and PS3 and it's only going to be even better for PS4 and Xbox One. It looks really good as suspected and I think we are about to see a whole new era in FPS games. I will not be pre-ordering it but I will be buying it somewhere down the line. I don't usually buy most games on pre-order anyway.

Have to agree with you. Seeing the new trailer released really excited me for the release of it.
The dog is probably going to die though, which is unfortunate. All games are like this. One important main character, or animal dies. It's going to be sad and unpredictable though.
Still, I can't wait for the release of it. I don't know if I'm going to actually preorder it, but if it catches my eye again, I probably will.

Everyone is saying that the dog will die. Its unfortunate, but we all know it is coming because of how it plays a big role in the game. I mean, if he didn't play a big role then we wouldn't have seen the dog in so many scenes on the trailer. Its just a dramatic ending for the story that we all know is coming.

I'm one of the people that will be buying it ASAP, Call of duty ghosts and Halo are the two titles I'm more eager to play on the Xbox One.

Everyone is saying that the dog will die. Its unfortunate, but we all know it is coming because of how it plays a big role in the game. I mean, if he didn't play a big role then we wouldn't have seen the dog in so many scenes on the trailer. Its just a dramatic ending for the story that we all know is coming.

Animal deaths always seem to have the most effect on me. A person dying is just not the same as an animal dying in a game. If the storyline for the game is really good though, even the bad characters can have an emotional effect on you. I'm not sure if they will add the dog in multiplayer, but having an animal comrade on the battlefield is cool.

Animal deaths always seem to have the most effect on me. A person dying is just not the same as an animal dying in a game.

So true. I don't know why though. Animals getting killed seems to have a deeper emotional effect on me then a human character does.

As for the original topic, probably won't purchase as I just don't like the COD series after World at War. Although Black Ops 2 was surprisingly good. Maybe I'll just rent this one out and see.

So true. I don't know why though. Animals getting killed seems to have a deeper emotional effect on me then a human character does.

As for the original topic, probably won't purchase as I just don't like the COD series after World at War. Although Black Ops 2 was surprisingly good. Maybe I'll just rent this one out and see.

They said it was going to be the best Call Of Duty yet, so it might be worth it more than renting it. Although, I'm still waiting for more gameplay footage over here.

We probably see animals as "undeserving", unless the situation is for example a bear that is going to kill the characters. Of course we feel even sadder if the animals are dogs or cats, too, because those are the most common pets. Specially sad to see a dog die if you have a pet dog, for example.

Anyway, back on topic, I do not know yet if I will buy Ghosts. Not really that interested but it being apparently set in Caracas, Venezuela interests me (as I live in Caracas) so if that ends up being true, at least partially, then I might be more interested.

They said it was going to be the best Call Of Duty yet, so it might be worth it more than renting it. Although, I'm still waiting for more gameplay footage over here.

Haven't they said that about each new entry? :p

But yeah, hopefully some gameplay will be revealed at E3.

I think it's shaping up to be the best game in the series since the original Modern Warfare. I've certainly been able to get excited about Ghosts whereas MW3 and BO2 never impressed me all that much. I'll definitely be buying it, it's just a question of on what platform at the moment.

Sure! I will buy the game! I always buy at least one FPS game per year for my console, and most of the time is a COD game. It's gonna be interesting to see a dog incorporated in the game. Maybe give it some machine guns :cool: hahaha, kidding!

Sure! I will buy the game! I always buy at least one FPS game per year for my console, and most of the time is a COD game. It's gonna be interesting to see a dog incorporated in the game. Maybe give it some machine guns :cool: hahaha, kidding!
You know, it would be totally rad if it was like... a robo-dog, with concealed weaponry and stuff.

Of course! It will likely be the first game I buy for the next Gen Xbox as well. Me and my sister are really looking forward to Ghosts since we like to play all of the other Call of duty's together. The only downfall i see myself having is with multiplayer.. Now instead of just trying to remember to work quick prone into my ducking strategy, which frankly I fail at, I'm going to have to start learning to Dash/glide(whatever it's called) as well. I'm not very quick to learn new sometimes..

I've been a fan of the call of duty series for quite some time now and I will absolutely be buying Call of Duty: Ghosts. I will be pre-ordering it, and grinding it for weeks on end as soon as I get it!

This game is definitely on my rent list as well as of right now. I can't bring myself to buy a CoD game after having been disappointed in the last few games. But each time I hear something new about Ghosts it peaks my interest. I really hope this game lives up the hype and I can finally buy a CoD game again. I loved Call of Duty on the PC so it would be nice to play a game that lives up to its namesake.

Back